View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 08:27 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

It's a dirt lump crusher, not rock. The clay can be almost as hard as rock, but this crusher will fine it up to scale size 4 to 6 inch (half the size of a garden pea). I made this crusher to fine up the dirt for when I was using a belt conveyer to move the dirt out of the basement. Now I just cush it for fun, then trk it out. No build thread on it. Nothing to building it, just a couple of rollers that are power by 1/4hp 110vac motor & 60:1 reduction box.

A member earlier in the winter mentioned something about building a scale jaw crusher & screening plant. He's got a well stocked basement machine shop to do it in, haven't heard from him in awhile, hopefully he's going to surprize me soon with a jaw crusher.

Nate, correct. I have the needed motor now to fix my Volvo adt, just gotta get 'er done. Thanx for the link.

Ed, link doesn't work. I know the forum you referenced to, but haven't found the thread yet. Which sub forum is it in?

Raining again here... for the last week. Got a wks worth of seeding done, I suppose I'm half done what I intended to plant, so I'm not totally screwed... but time is running out.

So I've been tinkering on the 850 these past few days and discovered another missing part, a compression collar for the pressure guage fitting... stalled out again! What a fricking joke

Aseer helped me to get some Spektrum radios with the left stick spring loaded center. Put a rx into one of Freddy's screwdrive trks I got from him last yr... we'll find out here shortly if it's Lil Giants tuff or not?! I sure like the brushless motor & R2 trans that's in it, perfect scale speed & control. The plastic driveshafts I don't think will last very long... stay away from the ramps.

Put the adt on the workbench tonite maybe, get the wheel motor installed & tune a Spektrum radio to it with ch mixing of the steering & dump with hyds. After that I'll do the wheel loader, then trackloader.

As always, lots to do, but not always the ambition to do them.

Joe