View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 09:53 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Thanx Tom. Yeah, I'm really loving that long reach too, it sure can pile the dirt high!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLogger View Post
Great Videos Joe
The 850 is a monster, what do you think it ways ? Greg
I don't have a scale to weigh it Greg, I'm sure it's over 70lbs... not that that's that much weight for me to lift, it's just a real aukward piece to pick up off the floor & carry thru narrow doorways & steep stairwells. I've been spraying off/on for the last month, I have handled several hundred chemical jugs/boxes weighing as much as that.

I'm quite pleased with the model so far, absolutely incredible digging power that I have never experience before with the smaller models (obviously).

But I need a different radio b/c the DX8 only has 5 proportional chs, 4 on the sticks & a dial. The Sabertooth will not work with a 3pos switch & the dial.

I also need a better swing esc, as the MTronics Viper Marine that I have been using for the trks, the "forward" side of the esc swings smoothly, but the "reverse" side of the esc kinda pulses/hesitates, it's especially noticeable if I go too fast. You can see in the vid when it swings right.

And also, the Sabertooth I have is the 2x12, I should be using the 2x25 b/c the model is just so heavy & travels way too quick, the 2x12 over heats quickly & shuts down. The gh motor should have a higher reduction - slower rpm so the motors aren't working so hard, drawing high amps.

Jammer & Kalle are already quizing Vario fora group bargain deal on the new track drive system that the model now comes with, they thru my name in there too ( thanx guys ), perhaps it has more reduction/slower speed than the current drive system I have?

I've only got about an hour run time on it thus far, going outside right now to work that pile over some more.

Joe