View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 01:23 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

The 850 took a new route to the basement last night, a bit of a tight fit! thru the window. I was thinking afterward had I removed the bucket that might have given me another half inch lower & probably drove straight in... next time. Don't want to carry it down the stairs no more... and I can easily split it half to go up the stairs if its disabled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qURaVKv7bwE

Had a little accident last nite... thought I was done assembly & ready to go the basement when I noticed the swing motor seemed a bit loose. I had to separate the 850’s house from the u/c (again) and then balance the house on the tracks with wooden blocks to take the swing motor pinion off to get the motor out. It sat there for ten minutes while I sit there in front of it. Step away from the bench for 30secs & the house hits the floor! I heard it starting to slide and grabbed it by the stick, but not before it struck the stool 1st. My throat was hoarse from screaming profanities for two minutes. (it's funny now )

Minor damage to the ceramic coating on the boom & stick, took some paint off the counterweight and the DX8 rx no longer works. The light is out in the larger box where the leads plug in, but the light is on in the smaller box. Got no power to the servos nor esc’s. Good thing I have a spare on hand... shyt happens & I hate waiting for parts.

It’s quite the dent in my linoleum floor.

Gonna Have to mount an overhead crane in the workshop to work on this now heavier equip safely.

Joe