View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 01:40 AM
Wannabe

kingbob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Movie Optimus Prime build

Right, lets get this sucker finished!

So the plastic sheet for the trailer side panels didnt really work out. Even after being taped to a sheet of ali, it came loose, curled, and just looked all wrong. Plus the bloody great big seam where i had to join 2 sheets was annoying me.

I decided to go looking for a metal solution, either ali or stainless. I knew it existed, and even the company who makes it, but no-one had any locally. So after countless emails, phone calls, and web searches, one of the companies actually suggested a place to try. And lo and behold, they had some! They do elevator interiors! Not the type of place i'd even remotely thought of, but they use the stuff i was after, and even had offcuts that were the right size, finish, pattern, everything! And they were actually nice to deal with!

Picked the sheets up yesterday, and have begun drilling the many, many, many holes to mount them to the frame and put LEDs through.

I specifically checked that they had more just in case i balls it up

So fingers crossed, wont be long until the trailer is done, especially with the easter long weekend, hopefully i can get it done! Woot!