View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Big Block's Return

Well got stuck working Sat this weekend but that is a good thing I have been down the road with no work so I am not bitching.. But the kid got a bunch done with out me but I chipped in late Sat night and today some. He got the hole in side of the box wire brushed with the grinder..

And that made one **** of a mess in the shop but looked good after.

Then he got it POR'ed and I seamed sealed it this morning.

Before He POR'ed the inside of the box we washed all the floors down in the shop and cleaned it all up nice as I cant work in a mess and after that my youngest son Joe wanted to work on his project but we broke out the dewalt dustless sander for that..

Joe also traded to the local lawnmower shop his 2 bigger rear tires for 2 matching the steer tires..He is dead set on redoing the old wagon..

Also I was able to get the passenger side of the box all sanded down and and damage filled and in high build primer.

Got the tailgate in the shop today and got the the latch working perfect it is very smooth and easy to pull Since it had a a GMC chrome center piece it was bolted in with 4-3/8 bolts I had the boy weld them shut top and bottom so now the tail gate is ready to be sanded down and body work and primed..

And before I got home last night I was able to get in the paint booth and spray the hood for the truck. I mixed up the same semi flat black as the 69 cuda and sprayed it..

BEFORE

And AFTER..

The hood came out good one spot I dont like no one eles sees it but me but the kid did real good for his first body work and I did not work on it much for him..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.