Thread: Zil 130 Thing
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 05:44 PM
Green Horn

Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zil 130 Thing

Been out of town for a few weeks with the new job, but when I returned I decided to move forward with making this thing a 4x4. I mean.....it was inevitable, I guess. LOL Anyway, since I pulled the TLT out of my 6x6 Pete I decided to give it a new life in the "International". I picked up a King Kong leaf spring kit from ebay and used F350 leafs and then drilled and/or tapped some holes in the frame (some existing holes were re-used). You can see some of the parts still need the blue paint removed.

The front hole for the hanger was already there. I just tapped it for a 3mm. The second hole is angled down simply to avoid interfering with other holes on the frame.

I did similar in the rear and re-used an existing hole. This was after I drilled a new hole that didn't work quite as planned.

An overall chassis view with some mock-up wheels/tires on the passenger side.

For those who are curious, I really wanted to use the orig. wheels, but the fronts are bearing and I needed hexes. So I have a set of rear wheels on order and I basically only plan on using the hub from the set and will put them on the front axle. Anyway, here's a few pics with the body on.

Still have to iron out some details like steering and such...