Thread: Zil 130 Thing
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 06:44 PM
Green Horn

Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zil 130 Thing

New rear wheels showed up today. Turned out they're machined aluminum, as opposed to the stamped steel wheels that came with the kit. The long hub is also integrated so it's good I don't need to use these up front.

This is now how the rear looks. The 8 bolts in the center hold a cover over a conventional nylock underneath. I plan to replace all the hardware with scale hardware from Locked Up RC.

The front uses the old rear hex hub to attach to the TLT axle. A conventional nylock nut is recessed in there. On the ground is the hub/nut that came for the original bearing hubs.

Now the original hub/nut is purely for decoration. I really like how far the hub sticks out. Makes it look much more authentic to a driven front axle...especially one from ages ago.

The front mounted up and centered perfectly!

I'm loving the way this thing is looking! The front wheel/tire/hub combo just look spot on. I even love how the tire is clearly a bit too wide for the older, narrow wheel!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.