View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 01:09 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

I do my headlands 1st, so I have about 120' to turn around within... it's proving to be a bit of a challenge to get just the right arc so the drill swings into position asap for the next pass - so when I come back from the other direction there is no gap not seeded.

When I got the combine home that day, I drained all the def fluid as soon as I shut it off the shed into two 10L jugs & took them to my house. Storing a tote over winter somewhere heated is not possible for me to do... I'll have to gauge by how the crop is fairing from one tote to the next vs how much I have left to harvest & use 10L jugs from there. I don't even know yet what it costs per Liter.

I was able to start the combine without def fluid last week to get my sprayer out of the shed. "Out of def" alarm was beeping continually for 20mins it was running to make the swap.

Here's a couple of pics of filling my sprayer... I use to fill from the house well, but my galvanized tank rusted out this yr... I got all this water next to farm... Buying a sump was a lot cheaper, easier & quicker than getting another tank!

My corrals GOSH!!! I'm glad I got rid of my cow herd 3yrs ago, this flooding is gonna be a problem for a long time to come yet!

You can see a white line on the slab fence, that's how high the water level was in 2011 & the water level then by the time winter came still looked about this deep it is currently. The water didn't leave this pen till August of 2012... and it floods every Spring now. Strong winds last June blew over that section of fence in the water... those railroad ties were 5 feet in the ground, they just popped out of the soggy ground. I was going to stand the fence back up last October, but I didn't get within 30' of the fence & the front axle of Ford FWA fel started sinking quick! What a mess!

Joe