View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 05:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ford Custom Deluxe station wagon - 1950 Woody

I'll have to keep those in mind for some bigger projects. For scale the last pic in first post is sitting on a set of 'Junkyard-Jackstands' from WPL c-truck rims.

It doesn't have much room to tuck bigger wheels, and probably would have been happier with a little shorter wheels with more sidewall like they used on the f&f Charger instead of these big ones they used on the Ford GT that came in a set with a cop car.

Also been kicking around the idea of making some styrene "Port-o-walls" for the look of Whitewall tires without the expense or constant up keep. Plus it'll even out some of the rim lip to hubcap transition. Also some vintage aftermarket to tie the car back to when it was the most expensive model, before the lowest resale value hit and surfers grabbed them up.

Might even have to get a window mount Swamp-Cooler for this summer car. (Even though i'm not sure about actually putting glass in the windows, or if it'd be dry enough to work)

Considering trying to put an original wheel back on as a Continental on the tailgate, but now it's different enough from the rollers under it i'm not really feeling that idea?

Likely going to need to make some taillights, but i'm not really sold on the Original correct style that looks like some soup-cans that are mounted Way too high. I know they were high and hinged so you could drop tailgate and still have lights visible.

Last edited by frizzen; 06-03-2022 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Gangster whites, Pinner whites, Wide whites...