View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 10:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Teleoperated R/C Playground

That's a very cool, and massively ambitious plan!

Anything you let the public access needs to have plenty of protections built into it like servo savers, pressure reliefs, limit switches, remote and manual overriding shutdown switches. Probably also want to see if there's a way to do something like geofencing to help reduce people trying to take the excavator off some sweet jumps, or seeing if the haul truck floats.

You might want to start with just some roadway and cars to get all the required programs setup first before going into more complex machines. Try to set up a pretty / scale enough layout you can start building video views and Watcher subscribers early on to help offset some startup cost.

Play subscribers are all going to want a little different thing, but there should be plenty to agree on. Robust machines, with a 'help me' light that your remote operators can trip to get on-scene guys attention. FPV with a gimbal, and maybe some other external camera views to switch between.

I could see the Remote interface just being something like the rc flight sims use. Some kind of text chat or team-speak type communication. Maybe have a way for you to set 'goals' for your sandbox like "dig here, move dirt there"