View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 08:54 PM

dremu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1:10 10x10 "HEMTT" (actually M1074 PLS w/ M1076 trailer)

Since I had the big box rack and a crane, needed to make stuff to fill it up. Some printed, some fabricated, bits bought off-the-shelf (because, again, Chinesium can be so dang cheap it's not worth it to build.)

Rigging hardware: metal chain and shackles, and some ribbon from the craft store with heatshrink on the end for straps.

The little printer has two heads, so can do two colors. Here are various size options, doing the Goldlilocks thing:

And then a variety of colors (orange is most common here in the US, but overseas you see the neon green, on the street as well as on Kraftwerk album covers, in addition to the other colors.)

Got a mixed bag of balsa at the LHS and went to town. Hadn't done anything with balsa since I was a kid, but was great fun, other than having to be very careful with the miter cuts to get the angles just right.

Had some rotted old tires, so they went on a pallet:

The pallets are sold as drink coasters, I kid you not, and were like a buck and change apiece, another of things where it just doesn't make sense to build. The net is a standard LHS thing.

55 gallon drums come right off the printer, and are then shrink wrapped onto a pallet with longer versions of the straps above. The missus was surprised when I asked for Saran Wrap, and laughed at how long it took me to get it wrapped tight around the drums. They're sneaky little buggers.

Another place the "print another copy" is handy. You want different colors? No problem. Feed in another spool, push the button, boom. These are actually hairy to CAD up as the military Sceptre-branded ones are stupidly shaped, but I have a set out in the garage to work from. Note the blue water one is a bit different from the others. The "20L FUEL" label doesn't quite some through, maybe a bit of X-act knife work would help.

This one's an IBC, printed in several pieces and then glued. The main transparent piece in the middle is one block. Each of the grille side faces are separate, and then the base looks like this

And a coupla bars across the top.

Some greebling for the faucet and fill and it's as seen above.

Did up a pile of these guys

and also some Pelican-style cases in various sizes and colors

I was surprised that the crane's winch is strong enough to lift these, even without a snatch block

The pallets can also be moved about, and loaded onto the boxrack, using this

There's some more pix and videos of the fork @ https://rctruckandconstruction.com/s...d.php?p=170566

Last edited by dremu; 04-16-2021 at 08:18 PM.