View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 11:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Axle suggestions?

I'll probably need to set up the bruder medical clinic playset to make sure all the action figures have current tetanus shots before we try to drag these out of their grave.

But really they're pressed steel toys, so it just needs a little bit of Sandblaster love and some Paint. I'm not fighting with the 'Serious Collectors' over good toys to 'Ruin'. Most of mine took some vicegrip or hammer & dolly work to put into service. If it doesn't work it's just a test mule, if it does i can do a good one and try some push-pull loading

I'd wondered about those 90 deg. Wormgear boxes, but hadn't messed with any yet to know about durability and driving characteristics. I know worms give great dragbrake, but you've got to be smooth on power, and they tend to wear a little quick

I didn't know if any of the small RockCrawlers could be made strong enough for the forces.
Some 1/10 parts should hold, but it would take some shoehorn work.

I wasn't sure if any of the rc Tanks might have some suitable transmissions.

These real machines were single engine with like 130 hp, top speed of 30 mph. So i'm not wanting to ask for WAY TOO MUCH, but it's still asking for a Lot.