View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 09:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1950s FWD fire engine

I hope the chrome pen will impress you as much at i have been. Oh yeah, the headlights on this got chromed too.

The hose has a little more memory than i'd like, but looks pretty killer for 2.5" or 3" line. I'll need to make couplers out of tubing and put them at appropriate lengths. I've also been reading up on using flat elastic for filling hose beds over on Scale Firehouse.

I didn't expect the hydrant to steal the show. I just thought it'd look more 'hose' if i had a hydrant to wrap so they could lay out hose.

Tonka Suburban Engine
https://youtu.be/yf72xSnXESA

I was wondering why i hadn't seen your newbright fire aparatus in any of your groups videos yet. *Poke poke.*

I'd also wondered eventually about having a valve on the truck to send water to either a tank or deck monitor. That way you could be able to pump and run, or start fighting off the pump & tank until it's possible to secure a hydrant.

--
Modded the driver seat, and a new guy that had a broken leg.

Back on the High Fenders build, the chauffeur was also their pump operator and while on scene was allowed to go "as far away from the rig as he could wanted, while still touching the pump". He'll get a dark blue dress shirt with a badge, doesn't need a helmet.

Last edited by frizzen; 01-06-2019 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Hooligans running red lights