View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 07:23 AM

Pricer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Crawler Track Build - American HC230

Quote:
I too am making a crawler crane a Manitowoc 18000 here on the forum i started milling the crawlers from alum. after i finished designing them but i am manual milling so its a slow going process
I have been watching your progress. It looks like an interesting build. There is certainly a wealth of knowledge to be found on this site relating to crawler tracks. I have a couple of projects moving forward myself. I am currently working through a few scaling issues with my 11320 this morning. Looks like my lower for this on is on the small side of lining up with the upper. I am thinking there must be some interpretation issues from on CAD program to another. It's always something. LOL but still fun nonetheless.

I have been working on drawings for the Manitowoc MLC650 for almost a year now. I built a few test hoist (Boom Hoist) with some success. Right now I am focused on the 11320 and the HC230 American's.

Best of luck to you in your build and I look forward to keeping an eye on your progress. Looking good so far. What scale are you building the 18000 in?