RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 11-20-2015, 04:57 PM
Green Horn

Kausekaos is on a distinguished road
Default Hydraulic Guide?

I searched on here and couldn't find one. Is there one I missed? Was just curious about the Do's and Donts to hydraulics. ie Using, not using, letting it sit idle etc etc. I saw the sticky to changing the fluid but that's about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:19 PM
Green Horn

Default Re: Hydraulic Guide?

I ask because I wouldn't be able to use it all the time and I wasn't sure if it sat in between use would things get messed up.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:53 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

When not in use, keep it out of the sunlight in a cool dark place so the hydraulic hoses don't dry out & crack.

If you got to do any wrenching on the model & need to break any hyd connections, clean it spotless!!! Any grime, use an electrical cleaner, pressurized air, Q-tips. The slightest spec of dirt will screw up a valve, plug a fitting.

Joe
Old 11-20-2015, 07:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

joe has been digging for years. listen to him
Old 11-21-2015, 05:38 PM
Green Horn

Yeah I'm subbed to his channel lol

Old 11-21-2015, 07:05 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Personally I have never had any issues & some models are getting close to 15yrs old. Some that haven't been turned on for a couple yrs, I've just plugged a batt in & go... my basement remains at constant temp year round in the low 60's.

Joe
Old 11-21-2015, 08:28 PM
Green Horn

That's what i needed to hear. Was worried about it sitting for a while and me having problems whenever I turned it on.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:20 PM

thetractorfan is on a distinguished road

you should find the volume of fluid that will be in the system, then find the right sized tank. If you don`t the fluid will get hot and damage the pump, etc..