RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:15 AM

RCNewB is on a distinguished road
Default New guy from Florida Panhandle

Hello everyone. I’ve been into Rc since I was a kid. My first Rc was the Tamiya Fox. Over the years I’ve had helicopters, planes and nitro cars, but I’ve never jumped into the hydraulic side of RC. I recently bought the huina set of construction equipment, and loved them, but they are lacking in power. I’m interested in purchasing an excavator and maybe a wheel loader in the future. I’m just not sure what to get, and which ones I need to stay away from. Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated. Glad to be a part of the group. My name is John.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New guy from Florida Panhandle

The RC4WD 4200XL excavator is a great machine for a budget price. Yes it's around 3K, but compared to the German machines that are 10K or more, it's budget friendly.

The wheeled loader from Aliexpress.com & sold by seller Emo, &/or Faroe is an excellent wheeled loader. This/these seller(s) also offer an EXCELLENT Volvo articulated haul truckWhen I bought mine last year it was $2660.89 & that included shipping. I did have to spend about $100.oo to upgrade to a MagoomHRC hydraulic valve. I upgraded as mine was leaking the instant we turned the pump on.

BOTH machines are fully hydraulic. BOTH machines will need EVERY nut/bolt undone, & add loktite to them. Both machines if you DON'T do this, will have bolts that back out & break off. There are several videos of RC4WD excavators (Most have had extensive custom body work done to them, but are still RC4WD machines) & of the Faroe loader on my YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_j..._as=subscriber

The STAY AWAY FROM hydraulic RC stuff
Emo &/or Faore tracked loaders, excavators, mine haul truck, bobcat/skidsteer.
These machines are a great platform to upgrade, but are problem plagued right out of the box. Track pads are crappy & break quickly. These products ALL use the same failing problem plagued 90 degree gear drive motors to propel them.

Hopefully this helps