RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Taking Inventory

A tractor/backhoe/loader is a great project. Don't think I'd want to try it but this will be a real marvel in miniature!

Ken
Old 01-04-2011, 11:10 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Nathan, don't know for sure it's capacity, but I'd guess it to be 50ml. Not enough for wdc's 3stage telescope by itself, however I'd think you could tie this reservior tank to the fuel tank on the other side as well. This minature pump/tank is moreso I think for double acting cyls.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Nathan Scale Art sells two size tanks and pump the one for the dump trailer. The tank is 115CM3 240 ml. This does there 4 stage. It does 12 bars and is 326.89 Euro. Ed

Last edited by JAMMER; 01-04-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tires and Wheels for Tractor

did you say that you found the right size but they are hard plastic?
if this is a yes you can make a RTV mold and pour your own tires in whatever softness of rubber you want
if you don't want to do this send me an e-mail and we we talk about me doing this for you

or i think it was IHhauler just did this for his scrapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbothell View Post
More on my JD 710J project (is it really a project yet?). This is the part that really has me stuck. I think once I solve this I can get this project moving. I really want tires and wheels of correct scale height, width, rim size and tread pattern and made of nice soft grippy rubber.

I have accumulated maybe a dozen different tires and wheels from die cast, RC monster trucks and crawlers, etc. for this project and nothing is quite right. Either the rubber is hard like plastic or one of the measurements were not quite right (like, diameter perfect but way too wide).

At this point I'm not worried so much about the wheels - if push comes to shove I can turn these myself on my old 7x10 mini lathe or I believe there are one or two on this forum that might be interested in doing on a fee basis. It seems to me the tricky part is the tires. In my files from a couple years ago when I started this I found correpondence back and forth with a German manufacturer who would create rubber tires for RC trucks and tractors to custom spec. That company actually referred me back to PMD for order placement from the U.S. but I never followed through because the costs for two different custom sized tires would have been $500 or $600 total (additional tires were $20 each). This RC model is going to have cost a couple thousand or more upon completion so I'm not opposed to going this route if I have to (assuming it is still and option) but saving $600 would certainly be nice.

Here are the scale specs for the front and rear wheels and tires I am trying to locate:
Front:
Tire Outside Diameter: 2.71"" (69mm)
Tire Width: 1.07" (27mm)
Rim Diameter: 1.43" (36mm)
Rear:
Tire Outside Diameter: 4.14"" (105mm)
Tire Width: 1.5" (38mm)
Rim Diameter: 2" (51mm)

Any suggestions to help me find these would be greatly appreciated. I would be happy with +/- 1/4" (6mm) on any of these measurements. Posting the JD 710J picture yet again to show tread pattern and rim style I'm looking for.

Regards,

Joe.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Wannabe

pumptech is on a distinguished road

Glad to see this build ,The backhoe is my favorite machine.Just a all around good machine,able to tackle a lot of jobs with it.
I'll be watching ,good luck with the build,hope all goes well ,looking good so far.

Found this Case backhoe a while back ,emailed a sales rep ,said they had two on hand ,may be sold out,last Oct when I checked on it.http://www.outbacktoystore.com/Anniv...Loader-Backhoe

Last edited by pumptech; 01-05-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptech View Post
Glad to see this build ,The backhoe is my favorite machine.Just a all around good machine,able to tackle a lot of jobs with it.
I'll be watching ,good luck with the build,hope all goes well ,looking good so far.

Found this Case backhoe a while back ,emailed a sales rep ,said they had two on hand ,may be sold out,last Oct when I checked on it.http://www.outbacktoystore.com/Anniv...Loader-Backhoe

That is really nice!!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tires and Wheels for Tractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpygrady View Post
did you say that you found the right size but they are hard plastic?
if this is a yes you can make a RTV mold and pour your own tires in whatever softness of rubber you want
if you don't want to do this send me an e-mail and we we talk about me doing this for you

or i think it was IHhauler just did this for his scrapper
Grumpy , No , I didn't , It was a thought till I saw some on rc machines . They look just like the 1's on the stall komatsu loader . Useing the plastic 1 for a mould is an exalent idea

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Nathan, don't know for sure it's capacity, but I'd guess it to be 50ml. Not enough for wdc's 3stage telescope by itself, however I'd think you could tie this reservior tank to the fuel tank on the other side as well. This minature pump/tank is moreso I think for double acting cyls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Nathan Scale Art sells two size tanks and pump the one for the dump trailer. The tank is 115CM3 240 ml. This does there 4 stage. It does 12 bars and is 326.89 Euro. Ed
Thanks Ed and Joe. After posting, I did think about using the remote hydraulic tank idea too. I think it would nice to have an actual valve block to control the flow too. I know end dumps use gravity to bring the box down (1:1 dumps anyway - Wedico runs their pump in reverse to suck the oil out), but for something like a side dump, a valve block would be perfect. I'm going to look into a little more. I may not have any room for a valve block, a pump and a tank. Unless that valve block is small enough to fit inside a 1.5" O.D. fuel tank too. Boy, that'd be a alot of extra plumbing (more hydraulic line). Tank to pump, pump to valve block, valve block to couplers, and back.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Green Horn

Heavy Metal is on a distinguished road

Grumpy - I might just contact you about the tire mold service. Going to keep looking for another week or two. The rear tires on the old Ertl at start of this thread are almost perfect dia and width but tread pattern not so great. BTW...any how-to threads on the topic?

Old 01-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptech View Post

Whoa pump tech...that is NICE! Hadn't seen that before. If I bought one of these it would mostly be for inspiration - too small to convert to RC at 1:16.
The JD 710 is a monstor hoe (that's mostly why I picked it)...a 1:14 scale 710 will be same size as a Case 580 and most other hoes in 1:12. Thanks for the link! JB
Old 01-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road

here are a couple sorry didn't have time to really check them out but they are ones that i had saved
http://www.oldweirdherald.com/scales.../silicones.htm
http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic677276.htm
http://www.magazinepublisher.com/mod...res/tires.html this one i think is a seller that does 1/25 scale tires

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_19...tm.htm#1910499

http://membres.multimania.fr/philmodelcar/DSC02901.JPG

will look for more later

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbothell View Post
Grumpy - I might just contact you about the tire mold service. Going to keep looking for another week or two. The rear tires on the old Ertl at start of this thread are almost perfect dia and width but tread pattern not so great. BTW...any how-to threads on the topic?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Green Horn

Grumpy - Thanks for links on casting tires. I have a reason to be in the Reading, PA area next week so going to stop by OutBack Toys in Lititz and see if I can find a couple die cast tractors with the size and tread pattern I'm looking for. If they are not rubber...I will probably give you a shout.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:45 PM

enginemiester is on a distinguished road

That will be one amazing model when its completed, but where did you obtain the drawings of the machine with dimensions?