RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:17 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: U tube video of D8 and D9

I've been there - done that Jerry.

The clay in my basement, I stay away from it with my tracked models if the dirt is moist at all, it's a real son of gun to dig that gunk out of the track links and get everything to run smoothly again.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 AM

J Hall is on a distinguished road

Makes sense....We had about a 1/4 inch shower a couple of days ago...
Now if I had a load of sand to mix with it....
Old 09-12-2010, 03:49 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Hall View Post
I got out for a while on the new dirt pile I had hauled onto my lot..I took a photo before I broke down again...
The clay brought in is full of clay balls that are imbedded just under the surface..I think if you look close you can see a couple on top of the ground..Well I tied into a big one, Scale wise about 10 feet across and 5 feet in diameter, sorta shaped like a big potato..It was near the edge so I went after it..Once I got it disodged and up out of the hole I made the mistake of not filling in the hole so the tracks went down on one side..Almost got stuck...In so doing I filled the tracks with dirt trying to squirril my way out and the clay filled into the links and really got packed in with the sprocket teeth,, Who hasn't done that with a real dozer from time to time...?? Well. a real D8 has a recoil spring built into the track roller frame that allows the idler to move back when just this sort of thing happens.., a small feature I forgot to include on the build..

It stalled the track a couple of times both going in forward and reverse, and then things went very silent..Those little window motors have enough torque to pull apart a #15 steel roller chain..A fairly easy fix, but the power exerted surprised me..

But it was a nice day and it was great to get out and play..
Had that happen just once (I've been lucky) but the spockst will pack the rails tight if you don't watch it.

We need a video of you rolling out a big clay ball.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:34 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Jerry, any new videos of your masterpieces yet?
Old 10-02-2010, 11:34 PM

J Hall is on a distinguished road

Hi Joe..
I went out for a while this afternoon and should have taken the camera along..I busted the bottom sheave block mount on the dozer trying to pry out one of those clay balls..More repair..I guess I will have to start building them out of steel..

I have a question..What scale is your D9...I should know from past conversations, but can't remember..Your video of the loading of the 463 is awsome..

I was not logged in to the forum for a couple of weeks..Comuter trouble and its was away for a week...That is why I did not answer a couple of messages on time....

RCLogger ( Greg ?? ) I saw your request and tried to fill out the form, but am not sure what to do with it..Sorry..

Last edited by J Hall; 10-02-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:23 PM

I sent you a PM Jerry.