RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 02-21-2023, 02:58 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Looking to get an excavator

Photo belongs to Frank Smith, USA. The excavator in the middle is a RC4WD/Eagle Mach 4200, I had one of them 10yrs ago & know its ground level reach is 850mm.. so yeah, the 6015 might be 900mm.. my Vario is 1150mm.

Joe
Old 02-22-2023, 10:53 AM
BANNED

I just found out that Vario dramatically dropped their price to about 3300 euro. In the past I was paying 5200 shipped to my door, so depending how you option it out, you’ll still be under 4000 euro.

It’s a kit you paint & build yourself. In the past the instructions were in German but the pictures were very detailed, maybe that’s changed now. I’ve seen this model built in several different company colors, a guy from Ohio built a beautiful Caterpillar 385. It can be as detailed as you want it to be, depends on your modelling abilities & ambition, what the hobby use to be about.

The Chinese can make pretty models but the guts are garbage, components aren’t matched, machining tolerances are hit & miss, electronics are not smooth nor have any thermal protection.

I’ve had a Vario for 12yrs. I’ve dug 100’s off cubic yards with it. Ive enlarged my basement, dug a walk thru tunnel with it. No other rc excavator on the market matches its ground level reach, power, durability, speed, smoothness. One item I change regularly is the timing belt & pulleys bc I run the pressure stupid high.

https://youtube.com/@LilGiantsConstrCo

So if you like to build models, this is a great model with a strong core to start with & build it however you want.

To place order, to discuss kit options & payment.

kirsten.zodtner@vario-helicopter.de

Joe
Old 02-22-2023, 02:42 PM

DRW96 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the information, I did not understand that Vario was a brand until now... Pardon my ignorance!

I have contacted Kirsten and am waiting for their response. I am certainly more interested in a kit, as I really enjoy that side of things as well.

I am also checking out your YouTube channel. Great resource!

Are the Vario machines all/mostly metal?
Old 02-22-2023, 05:35 PM
BANNED

I wasn’t sure if Vario Helicopters were still offering this kit, the guy who designed it, a previous employee, is now the owner of Fumotec. Kirsten told me in an email this morning that they’ve sold 7 kits recently at this lower price & will have 5 more shipment ready in about 2 months.

The boom & stick each have twin 5mm thick steel plate incased in glass fiber resin that gives it its shape detail. The cab, engine hood & counter weight are made from fiberglas with GFR covering to make it smooth. Drill a hole in the counter weight & fill it with lead shot. The tracks are some type of nylon resin, they’ll wear & scuff a bit but I’ve never broke a link, and I’ve gummed them up tight with clay many times.

With a full counter weight of lead shot, model weighs just over 80lbs, but I’ve added steel plate under the bridge & used steel angle iron to connect rear counter weight to get 1 of the 2 I have to weigh 95lbs.

A couple of parts that I choose differently from stock are
#4004 Jung pump
256:1 direct drive swing motor
516:1 track motors
4 valve to have an aux for other attachments (I get the servos from Vario too)
Get an extra set of timing belt & pulleys for pump (I wear out a set about every 300hrs on the one that’s set over 40Bar; the other one set at 30Bar pulleys & belt will last a 1000hrs)
Mechanical coupler

I use an E-Flite 30amp brushless esc for pump, and two Sabertooth 2x24 dual esc for the tracks, swing & an aux for electrical attachments I make myself. I also use a Castle Creations 10amp BEC to power the rx.

Joe
Old 03-24-2023, 08:38 AM

Paulie is on a distinguished road

I am pleased with this JZM PC360 so far. Great details and the paint scheme. It has three pump speeds set up on the radio so it can be set on low or medium for easy work like feeding a trommel hopper.

Last edited by Paulie; 03-24-2023 at 08:41 AM.