RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Central Plains Mini Truckers Club

Old 09-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: St Louis

Ok we set on that weekend? Putting in for the days off tomorrow. Cant wait to see everyone there! I should have the truck back together by then
Old 09-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

i will definetely be there as well
Old 09-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

If anyone wants to go in on a room let me know helps cut weekend expense down a bit. Ill be there Friday evening thru Sunday.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Green Horn

YoungGunz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
If anyone wants to go in on a room let me know helps cut weekend expense down a bit. Ill be there Friday evening thru Sunday.
Is sleeping in the truck an option?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:44 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I'll be in SE Sask the previous wkend for a model engineering show & thought I'd just keep going SE from there.

Sorry about your luck Paul, I was hoping to meet you too.

Nothing sweet to see about my rigs Tyler, they'll be quite bland in comparison to what everyone is building nowadays.

Thanx Ed for accomadating my schedule, much appreciated!

Where do we make hotel reservations?

Joe
Old 09-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I'll be in SE Sask the previous wkend for a model engineering show & thought I'd just keep going SE from there.

Sorry about your luck Paul, I was hoping to meet you too.

Nothing sweet to see about my rigs Tyler, they'll be quite bland in comparison to what everyone is building nowadays.

Thanx Ed for accomadating my schedule, much appreciated!

Where do we make hotel reservations?
I have no idea how you can say any of your equipment is bland. I have to say I believe you have the most used equipment ever and that is no joke. You have first hand inside and out knowledge of every major piece of machinery and its amazing what you have accomplished over the years.

By the way do you still have that little china hoe from rc4wd? I've still been thinking about getting one and wouldn't mind your input as of lately on it. I also wouldn't mind seeing it either.

Tyler
Old 09-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Journeyman

Hey tyLer,
I just got the new version this week. It came in shipped upside down and all the oil leaked out.got oil in it last nite and messed with it a little . First slowed the pump way down.the tried to swop swing and curl ,but they have a 4 th valve in it mixed so that when you are not using function then it opens to not labor the pump. So I didn't get a chance to change the mix,I'm not really that sharp on New radios. The other problem is reciever is not labled ail rud etc,it is labled 1-9 and u don't know what is what you just have to figure it out. Also mine came painted HITACHI ORANGE so it looks a little better than yellow
Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

I highly suggest staying at the La Quinta!!!!!!! It is less than 5 min from Ed's shop and is by far one of the better hotels in the area. Do not and I repeat do not make reservations at the holiday in!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes you can see Ed's shop from there but you would be better off sleeping in the McDonald's parking lot across the street.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 09-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Journeyman

Thanks Travis, I appriciate that bit of information. Are you by chance going this year?

Tyler
Old 09-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNmayhem View Post
Thanks Travis, I appriciate that bit of information. Are you by chance going this year?

Tyler
Yes Izzy and I will be there early Saturday for a full day on Saturday and part of the day Sunday.

Travis

Old 09-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Journeyman

Sounds good. I'm gonna head in from Kansas, I'm headed up from the Wichita area and gonna bring I70 in, If anybody is on the path and interested lemme know as I have no one close around here that I know of heading that way. I'm a lone trucker in my area.

Tyler
Old 09-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Green Horn

YoungGunz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
I highly suggest staying at the La Quinta!!!!!!! It is less than 5 min from Ed's shop and is by far one of the better hotels in the area. Do not and I repeat do not make reservations at the holiday in!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes you can see Ed's shop from there but you would be better off sleeping in the McDonald's parking lot across the street.

Travis

Which La quinta is it? I looked it up and there are three in STL..... I just dont know where Ed's shop is at..

Thanks
Old 09-06-2012, 11:27 PM
BANNED

Well thanx for the praise Tyler, yes they are very "used"! And they'll be very dirty too with quarry dust. It might shock ya how much wobble I have already in my JD850 boom/stick/bucket!

My knowledge from a nowadays prospective is quite limited to the very few companies I have dealt with (one of which is no longer). You'll learn a lot more from Travis & Izzy who have broaden their horizons with greater experimentation in their many scratchbuilds. But I'll gladly share what I know.

I do still have the HK hoe, gonna do a rebuild of it this winter with better components.

I have stayed at a few La Quinta hotels in american cities before & have been quite comfortable. Thanx for the tip Travis. What city/suburb do I google for a #?

Joe
Old 09-06-2012, 11:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodhog View Post
Hey tyLer,
I just got the new version this week. It came in shipped upside down and all the oil leaked out.got oil in it last nite and messed with it a little .
REALLY??!!! I got mine that way too! And several others have commented the same thing too.

They had the fore thought to put a thumb screw vent on the tank, but then won't close it for shipping.

Joe
Old 09-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Out of control

Joe google Hazelwood MO. and the La Quinta is right across the street form the Big Foot truck truck shop where the build the monster trucks.

Travis

Old 09-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Green Horn

heavy_duty is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone.Sorry I have had my head up my @8^ lately.The address is

8865 Hazelwood Tech CT
Hazelwood,MO 63042

My phone # is 314 616 9339

Please do not stay at the holiday inn,like Travis said.It is a hole in the wall.Use the La Quinta inn on Taylor ave.

La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood 318 Taylor Rd Hazelwood, MO 63042 Phone: 1-314-731-4200 Fax: 1-314-731-3339

I am gonna try to get a flat rate for our group.Ok.

Ed
Old 09-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
REALLY??!!! I got mine that way too! And several others have commented the same thing too.

They had the fore thought to put a thumb screw vent on the tank, but then won't close it for shipping.
they had left a hose nut loose on mine and it came off on the ride over,it was packaged very well though and at least it is a different color than Kamotsu yellow
Old 09-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Wannabe

mazdaparts will become famous soon enoughmazdaparts will become famous soon enough

Ed, Is the road construction finished in front of your shop? That was kinda confusing last year. I don't know if I'll get to make it this year, but my son and I had a blast last year. Couldn't find a better or more generous group of guys. Might have to convince/bribe the wife with a shopping trip again this year.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Green Horn

heavy_duty is on a distinguished road

Yes,the roads are wide open in all directions.Also guys I need you guys to bring folding tables and folding chairs to make sure everyone has proper pit space.thanks everyone.

Ed
Old 09-13-2012, 11:58 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_duty View Post

La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood 318 Taylor Rd Hazelwood, MO 63042 Phone: 1-314-731-4200 Fax: 1-314-731-3339

I am gonna try to get a flat rate for our group.Ok.

Ed
Thanx for the info Ed.

Have you spoke to La Quinta yet and have a code word for us to remit when we call for reservations?

Joe