RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 09-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Default Eagle Loader

I was just on Eagles site and now they have upgrade rear ends for the loader for just $258 Dollars so there is another $500 for the loader. It would seem to me that they would replace the axles for free because there is a problem with them.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Eagle Loader

I believe the current front loader model 1.5 comes with them now. If you have the first version of the loader I would contact them directly and see if they could work a deal for you.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

The eagle guys knows their 3D design software...but they are no mechanics) Putting 'low end' truck axles, gearbox and motor in a heavy duty wheel loader...? Should we laugh or cry? Will be exiting to see what toy car they have dismantled in their research for the dozer drivetrain...time will tell

Last edited by Rimrock; 09-26-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Have Eagle's second version (1.5) of the front loader issues been addressed ? I was eyeing one or the 4200xl excavator (1.5) as a first piece of construction equipment as I need something to fill the Reg's kickass dump trailer I'm having built.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:51 PM
Wannabe

The 4200XL loader is a big and strong entry level digger. Cylinders works good, but usually issues with the valve block / servos shows up sooner or later. Pump last a bit longer than the valves. The newest 4200XL in our club, bought this summer lasted about a month before servo trouble and general leakage, and now a Premacon valve block is in order. All 4200XL's in my region are now fitted with Premacon pumps and valves. I see Magom now offer similar high end pump as the germans, at about half the cost. They also have economical new valve blocks, used in their new digger. don't know If they have any leakage problems yet.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks for your input Rimrock I appreciate it. What was attracting me to Eagle machinery is they don't charge in euro which Magom does along with all other German manufacturers which makes sense. I would love to buy a Magom or Premacon excavator but at the current value of the Canadian dollar and euro exchange it just isn't worth it. 1.00$cdn=0.67euro
Old 09-27-2015, 09:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Has anyone fitted this hydraulic upgrade kit for the 4200xl excavator ?
http://www.rzmodeltrucks.com/for_sale.html
Old 09-28-2015, 01:01 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

4200xl hydraulic upgrade kit by RZ
Old 09-28-2015, 03:17 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road

Seems to be the same oil pump delivered with the Fumotec 490LC.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Wannabe

The pumps Fumotec, Premacon, and now Magom (in addition to their own cheaper pumps) and others use, are manufactured by Jung Fluid Technic in Germany, which is a industrial manufacturer. This is high end pumps made of hardened steel, 'internal toothed gear' system, and way overrun the toy pumps from China when it comes to efficiency and rated pressure (up to 100 bar, a pressure level which is not intend for our hobby naturally). The pumps are delivered in several different volume pr. revolution choices, in the same sized body, but a couple of the variants are more often used for scale model purposes than others. (these smallest pumps from Jung, have a body/end cover size of 35x35 mm. Jung also manufactures a series of large pumps, 50x50mm) The scale model fabricators ad on their own choice of motor and so on. The pump init RZ supplies looks very similar to Fumotec's setup. It is priced at about 525 USD at RZ, including a tank. I do not see the point in replacing the original 4200XL tank, it works alright I feel. So if to upgrade the pump, I would better go for the Magom setup with the same Jung pump, priced at about 250 USD. (it includes a small tank, but I don't see it being that usefull. One have the original 4200xl tank anyway at hand, so naturally continue to use that one) The RZ upgrade kit don't have a new valve block, which I feel is the main issue with this machines. The original valves are missing some o-ring gaskets, that the high end valves from e.g Premacon have. Again, the 4200xl is a great entry level digger, that will work fine and run long, with some upgrades to the hydraulics. Some machines may naturally have been produced on a 'lucky day', and has hydraulics that last pretty long.

Last edited by Rimrock; 09-28-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thank you very much Rimrock for your help! It's making the decision of buying the excavator a lot easier knowing what I'm getting into before hand. Magoms pumps and valves that you describe are these the ones in the links below ? Thanks again for your time.

Pump
http://www.magomhrc.com/en/hydraulic...ess-motor.html
Valve
http://www.magomhrc.com/en/hydraulic...-valve-m5.html
Old 09-29-2015, 05:06 PM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Thank you very much Rimrock for your help! It's making the decision of buying the excavator a lot easier knowing what I'm getting into before hand. Magoms pumps and valves that you describe are these the ones in the links below ? Thanks again for your time.

Pump
http://www.magomhrc.com/en/hydraulic...ess-motor.html
Valve
http://www.magomhrc.com/en/hydraulic...-valve-m5.html
Hi, yes that's the items I'm referring to. I wish to test these in the future myself, the pump is well known, while the valves are quite new and we don't know yet how they function in the long run. They are quite much cheaper than e.g Premacon's valves (made by Jung) . I see a member here on the forum has got hold of the new Magom excavator, and others, with this pump and valves, so guess we will have more knowledge soon