RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers > Truck News

Truck News New kits & accessories offered in the world wide marketplace

Old 03-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Tamiya Rep

janderson will become famous soon enoughjanderson will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Something I have been building in the cloud...

Ok so it is not a actual truck per se, but more of a cloud build for everyone to enjoy.

This is a work in progress and just starting so all of the details are not ironed out yet. Lets call this a alpha test and looking for feedback.

So if you go to our King Hauler page
http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...g-hauler-56301

You will see a new tab called "OPTIONS".
Click it and you will now see a reference with the King Hauler and each trailer.

it will give you lengths
Front bumper to 5th wheel on truck
5th wheel coupler to rear of trailer
and over all complete length

It also gives you a nice graphic of what the truck looks like hooked up to each trailer.

My goal is to have this for all trucks so if you are on the globeliner page it would show the globeliner with each trailer and so on.

What are your thoughts? I'd like to grab customer feedback that uses this product.

Thanks,

Joe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:46 PM
Tamiya Rep

janderson will become famous soon enoughjanderson will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Something I have been building in the cloud...

Just an update, I changed the tab name from OPTIONS to "TRAILERS"

-->

Old 03-04-2015, 08:10 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

I think it a great idea as people are always asking for truck measurements,
one thing I think might be useful as well is including the length of the truck cab bodies...

Cheers Tracy

Old 03-04-2015, 10:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

I like it. I think it's pretty kool. I understand the metric measurements are standard practice. But is there anyway to add the lengths in inches? In my opinion people don't realise how cool these trucks are until the realise the size and how large they actually are.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:26 PM

tamiya fan is on a distinguished road

First off I like your build forums, they're great.
I like the length diagrams, but as previously said, is it possible to also give full length of truck included (bumper to bumper), and a possible option to click to get measurements in inches.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:23 PM

fireguard62b is on a distinguished road

Thank you, something that has been as bone of contention for years. Now some real measurements
Old 03-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Tamiya Rep

Thanks everyone, and some great ideas. Though I can not say if they will make it to the final release, I will look into it.

On the dimensions of the products full length, that can be found under the specs tab.

-->

Old 03-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Tamiya Rep

Ok check the flatbed, hover over it. I added a little something.

-->

Old 03-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Tamiya Rep

Ok a little update, all king hauler versions and grand hauler pages are complete

-->

Old 03-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

Thanks for letting people from this forum express their opinions on your pending web pages. While it would be nice to see dimensions in inches, most people can translate mm to inches if they have built anything RC before.

This should come be very handy for everyone who is thinking of buying a rig or scratch-building one.

Thanks, again.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:52 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

AWESOME info. This helps to understand the "look" before ya buy. Good thinking.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
Thanks for letting people from this forum express their opinions on your pending web pages. While it would be nice to see dimensions in inches, most people can translate mm to inches if they have built anything RC before.

This should come be very handy for everyone who is thinking of buying a rig or scratch-building one.

Thanks, again.
I agree Lynn but I was thinking the inches would be handy for the layman who hasn't ever built any rc stuff before, but loves tractor trailers and wants one. I belive the inches would bring the average Joe's interest up just that much more. But that is a miniscule detail.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Tamiya Rep

Now when you mouse over the King Hauler you can see inches as well

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...g-hauler-56301

-->

Old 03-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Tamiya Rep

I have added a new feature of buttons at the bottom of the page which will allow you to see the tractor/trailer illustration in mm or in. (only working on king hauler page right now)

I'll take it that is what you were all looking for.

-->

Old 03-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Something I have been building in the cloud...

AWESOME Thank you Sir.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Tamiya Rep

You are welcome, Grand Hauler and Knight Hauler are also completed

-->

Old 03-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Tamiya Rep

Cascadia Evo and Globeliner completed

-->

Old 03-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Tamiya Rep

Scania 470 and 620 are completed

-->

Old 03-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Tamiya Rep

mercedes gigaspace and Volvo FH12 are completed.

-->

Old 03-13-2015, 02:43 PM
Tamiya Rep

Man 18 & 26, AeroMax Completed

-->