RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road
Default Futaba 8fg???

I've been looking at upgrading for awhile and just have not pulled the trigger because of all the options out there. I was pretty sold on the dx8i and possibly a 10t(price kills me) but I was just offered a great deal on a futaba 8fg.

So I was wondering if anyone has any experience on one of these and could offer some pros and cons on it before I make the deal.

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:41 AM

Actros861 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Futaba 8fg???

I have the 8FG Super, bought it for my loader.

Haven't used it very much, only for about 6hours most of that time is programming. The best thing is that all switches are three position exept for the two in the back. they are only two position. The weight of it is another positive thing, only 770g/1.7lb. Battery is a 2800mAh li-ion and i haven't recharge it yet

Biggest downfall with it is, it only comes with a 8 channel receiver. The touchpad thing to navigate the menus isn't the best, it works but regular up/down, left/right buttons is faster.

I can post some pictures of it if you want

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:00 AM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road

I know it's capable of 14ch but as of now I only need 6 so 8 will do and if I decide to go bigger the options always there with it. I've read that the programming can be a bit tricky to navigate through? How'd you feel about it? And if you have a few pics I'm always looking to see some shots better than the stock box shots.

--Dan

Old 10-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Green Horn

carp is on a distinguished road

Ive had mine since 2009(standard 8FG) only recently updated software for 14ch, had to send it back 6months after i got it, the calibration went on 1 of the sticks so had to go back for a warranty repair, since then the software updates have included a user calibration option.

Programming is pretty easy once you get the hang of it touchpad makes it quick to cycle through menus, you can set any function to any channel you want, you get 4proportional channels 2 sliders and 2 knobs and the rest are switches. I have the sliders set for tracks and 1 knob set for pump esc on my excavator, battery will go flat fast if you have the screen brightness turned up to full but really you dont even need it half its still easy to see. If your getting a good deal id definatly go with the futaba.

hope this helps
Old 10-24-2012, 02:55 AM

Actros861 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalelover View Post
I know it's capable of 14ch but as of now I only need 6 so 8 will do and if I decide to go bigger the options always there with it. I've read that the programming can be a bit tricky to navigate through? How'd you feel about it? And if you have a few pics I'm always looking to see some shots better than the stock box shots.

--Dan
Ok, if just need 8 channel the receiver isn't any problem

It's not really a big deal with the "wheel" just feels a bit strange in the beginning

Otherwise its pretty simple to programming

Pictures

Display.

Left side 3possition switches on the front.

Right side 3possition switches on the front

Knobs in the middle

Right side switches on the top, 3possition switch at the front and 2position momentary at the back.

Left side switches on the top, 3possition switch at the front and 2position at the back.

Sliders on the backside .

Battery