RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: MACK Heavy hauler

Thanks for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACK Daddy View Post
Travis

I might have had that body in my pocession before you even knew about it ... I had been bugging Alex for close to two years to sell it to me and in on false swoop you snatched it up @ indy

Looking real good

Alfy
Alfy he told me what he wanted and I didn't haggle with him I knew they were hard to find so I gave him what he wanted and even through in a little extra just because he is a good kid.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 05-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

That's cool, Travis. Been waiting for an update. Nice to see some progress. It's starting to look like a real truck again! I like it.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

RAIDERS is on a distinguished road

Travis your mack is sweet...looks good the with the head lights you have on it too...
Old 05-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Well my OCD got the best of me and the cab is back apart soaking in alcohol to be striped and painted for the third time. It took eight 32oz bottles to fill the bucket and cover the cab, seven new bottles and one I used to strip some red paint and all mixed together it all looks red but I am sure the black on the cab will take care of that.

And you probably thought I was kidding till you seen the pic. I just was not happy with the paint and since there are not to many of these cabs I wanted it to be a close to perfect as I could get.

Travis

Old 05-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Green Horn

Heavy Metal is on a distinguished road

Do what you gotta do Travis. I totally understand where you're coming from.

I'm wondering what the deal is w/ the alcohol trick. I had my Aeromax (turned Sterling) cab submerged for like 3 or 4 days and the paint seemed a bit softer but nowhere near able to scrape or wire brush it off. Maybe Vince used a different kind of paint?? Not to hi-jack your thread but wondering what you think about that. I figured I would just sand it all smooth, prime it and paint over it. Guess we'll see how that goes.

Joe
Old 05-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Out of control

You need a high alcohol content 90% or more. The highest I have found is 91% and Freddy uses 92%. The alcohol may not work on all Paints but so far it has worked well for me. I have tried the Easy Off oven cleaner twice and had no luck both times. Maybe he used a good auto paint with a lot of hardener so maybe if you sand it to break the surface the alcohol will be able to penetrate to the primer and lift the paint from underneath.

Travis

Old 05-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Green Horn

10-4. That might explain it. Stuff I was using is 70%. Where might one find 90%+ locally?
Old 05-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Out of control

I got mine at CVS pharmacy and the lady did not even ask what I was going to do with eight 32oz bottles. You can't buy cough medicine with alcohol in it without an ID but you can buy 2gal of rubbing alcohol and not one question asked.

Travis

Old 05-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Green Horn

LOL. Thanks. I was kind of wondering about that.

"Will that be all sir?".

"Yeah, eight bottles oughta do me, thanks."
Old 05-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
I got mine at CVS pharmacy and the lady did not even ask what I was going to do with eight 32oz bottles. You can't buy cough medicine with alcohol in it without an ID but you can buy 2gal of rubbing alcohol and not one question asked.

Travis
They didn't ask any questions.But! I'll bet your mug shot of you holden all those bottles,now hangs at your local police head quarters. Under the heading of," Most wanted for drug cookers" Yea,I'de love to see Ma Biddles face when they raid the house thinkin they got the drug king pin.
Better yet! The look on the cops puss,when they figure out the only addiction you have,is grown mans toys! Priceless!
Yu know "oo",That might be the answer to our open box thing!!
Kinda reminds me of a song,"Indiana wants me,Lord I can't go back NOW!"
HHHMMMM????
FGD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyGearDrive View Post
They didn't ask any questions.But! I'll bet your mug shot of you holden all those bottles,now hangs at your local police head quarters. Under the heading of," Most wanted for drug cookers" Yea,I'de love to see Ma Biddles face when they raid the house thinkin they got the drug king pin.
Better yet! The look on the cops puss,when they figure out the only addiction you have,is grown mans toys! Priceless!
Yu know "oo",That might be the answer to our open box thing!!
Kinda reminds me of a song,"Indiana wants me,Lord I can't go back NOW!"
HHHMMMM????
FGD
Hmmm that my explain the black suburbans that are always going by the house and the low flying helicopters.

Well after soaking in the alcohol overnight and an hour scrubbing with an old tooth brush this is what the cab looks like now. The alcohol doesn't touch the filler so I will need to sand it all smooth as some of the filler was added in between coats of primer and needs leveled out then I can start the paint process for the fourth time! Here are the pics.

Thanks for looking.
Travis

Old 05-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

This one will be the winner!If it ain't,I wouldn't tell anyone!
FGD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Out of control

Well here is a small update on this truck.

Thanks for looking.
Travis

Old 10-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Green Horn

DieselKid is on a distinguished road

Wow! I don't think ghost flames have ever looked so good!

That's one hot bulldog!

-Alex
Old 10-16-2011, 08:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

That is a great looking Mack, nice job.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselKid View Post
Wow! I don't think ghost flames have ever looked so good!

That's one hot bulldog!

-Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
That is a great looking Mack, nice job.
Thanks guys but the credit for the paint goes to a member here on the forum spudd he did a fantastic job on the paint. With out sun light it is hard to get the ghost flames to show up in a pic. Now I just need to get the locker style headache rack and pipes on it and it will be done.

Travis

Old 10-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Yep them picks are much better than the one on my cell phone you sent.. Looks good..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 10-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

That is one beautiful heavy hauling Mack, I'm really digging the meaty drive tires, and big floater up front. Nice work on the ghost flames as well.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:40 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

That is a sweet paint job! All she needs now is the Transformers Decepticon emblem somewhere on the grill, or hood. Seriously!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:37 AM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

That looks great Trav. When you showed me those pics on your phone at the ECMT show on Saturday i was very impressed, but after seeing these pics...WOW!!!! Spudd did a great job on the flames. This needs a dump box on the back now!

Brian