RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:39 PM

firefighter-1177 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bill Signs trucking truck...not excactly...

LOOKING GOOD!!! I like the headache rack look. Have you decided on a color yet?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

I like! That truck is looking Sweet! Love the dolly too
Old 05-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter-1177 View Post
LOOKING GOOD!!! I like the headache rack look. Have you decided on a color yet?
Thank you Ken. I'm not quite sure on the colors yet...I think I do want a two-tone though. Maybe White body with grabber green fenders, roof, and frame. Or black body and the same on the green. As for the dolly and lowboy, either matching the truck or possibly black. But with me, you never know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I like! That truck is looking Sweet! Love the dolly too
Thank you Aaron. I still need to do some more work on the dolly, but it WILL get done. LOL!!!

Thanx, Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Journeyman

MACK Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

In the Immortal words of "The Dude"....I like your style

ALfy
Old 05-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Both truck and dolly are hardcore John. It reminds of the kind of rig you would see haulin' a rocket or missle or something. Idea there?

This is a Chinese truck but it's kinda the idea your truck gave me.

Of course these are kinda 50's looking cabs.

More modern pic of what I was thinking:
Old 05-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Apprentice

Dammit! My mind's on overdrive now.

Looking at rockets, start out mega cheap:
http://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocket_...ce_Starter_Set

I'm picturing a trailer that has a screw drive or hydraulic lift like a dump trailer, that can be RC controlled to lift the rocket into a vertical position and then some sort of RC trigger to fire the rocket straight from the trailer.

Awe......how cool would that be? SOMEBODY HAS TO DO THIS!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Apprentice

Seems somebody actually has, with an RC Tonka Truck, watch until the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us0ueda0foE

Oh and Big John......sorry for taking your thread on a wild tangent, your truck just made me think of a mobile rocket launcher for some reason!! LOL!

I think it was your last pic, with the big long box over the trailer....
Old 05-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACK Daddy View Post
In the Immortal words of "The Dude"....I like your style
Thax Alfy, that really means a lot.

ALfy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
Seems somebody actually has, with an RC Tonka Truck, watch until the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us0ueda0foE

Oh and Big John......sorry for taking your thread on a wild tangent, your truck just made me think of a mobile rocket launcher for some reason!! LOL!

I think it was your last pic, with the big long box over the trailer....
No worries buddy, I love seeing different types of trucks and loads. And it gives ma so many different ways I could go with this. And thanx for thr threads.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SWAGGER, when I saw the rocket video, it reminded me when I was in the eight grade. Our science teacher gave the students different projects we could do, and I picked the rocket. Well I bought the kit, built it, and my dad and me went out in the backyard and tested it out. Well when it launched, I didn't realise how powerful these were. The wind was perfect, the rocket came down about three to five feet from where it launched. Now when it came time to take it to school, we went out to the football field to set them off. Well when it was my turn, I got everything in place, and it was kind of windy, and there was a river behind the tree line. I launched it, and it was beautiful. Well as it was coming back down, the wind caught the chute, and carried it (you guessed it) right into the river...that was the last time I saw my rocket, and a bad day. But I laugh about it now.

Big John

Old 05-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Apprentice

Oh no, sorry hear that ...LOL!! Well you could always relive that but do it bigger and badder and launch it from your own custom missle truck! Have a school reunion "American Pie" style and show em all how you nailed it in the end!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:44 PM

cyanide is on a distinguished road

Really cool truck. I like the gooseneck! That's alot of rubber, you must be planning some big loads.

cheers, Marc
Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
Oh no, sorry hear that ...LOL!! Well you could always relive that but do it bigger and badder and launch it from your own custom missle truck! Have a school reunion "American Pie" style and show em all how you nailed it in the end!
American Pie, LOL, LOL!!! The guy's who thought it was funny when my rocket transffered into a boat wouldn't think it was so funny if I showed up with this rig and launched a rocket, now would they.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide View Post
Really cool truck. I like the gooseneck! That's alot of rubber, you must be planning some big loads.

cheers, Marc
Thank you Marc, i'm not quite sure on the load yet, but yes i'm planning something big.

Big John

Old 05-04-2012, 08:08 AM

DuelTruckDriver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
Well I did a little more today. I shot some more primer and got the back wall made and installed. I just used some wire to make the gasket, and decided to go ahead and put the headache rack on since this a heavy hauler and i'm not doing this exactly like the 1:1.

And I snapped a couple shots of the gooseneck dolly hooked to her.

Thanx for looking, Big John

Big John, thats just cool how the rear axles are spaced with the boxes in between! I'ven never seen a truck like this even in pictures.

Truck and tralier is massive, awesome work man!

>Marty<
Old 05-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelTruckDriver View Post
Big John, thats just cool how the rear axles are spaced with the boxes in between! I'ven never seen a truck like this even in pictures.

Truck and tralier is massive, awesome work man!

>Marty<
Thank you Marty. I had a revell of germany 1/25 scale model of the actual "Bill signs" truck, and it was super detailed. And when I found these tamiya trucks, I started thinking of the static models I had through the years, and wonderd if I could replicate any of them in r/c. Well this the first, and hopefully not the last.

Big John

Old 06-18-2012, 02:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

This one is almost ready for Indy...I got the driveshaft from PMD, adjusted the boxes in front of the 1st drive axle, added mudflaps, and some PMD aluminum wheels I got last summer. I just need to install the radio and speed control. It's just gonna have the basics to run.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:55 AM

Sweet!! Love the those fronts you got. looks like that cab is ready for paint?? What color is it going to be?
Old 06-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Sweet!! Love the those fronts you got. looks like that cab is ready for paint?? What color is it going to be?
Thankyou Aaron, yea the fronts do give the truck attitude. I'm thinking of grabber green fenders, roof, and frame with either a black or white body...and of coarse matching gooseneck and lowboy.

Big John

Old 07-20-2012, 12:02 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I laid down some paint on Mr. spread axle today. Now when Indy time comes, it will have some color. I haven't clear coated yet, that will be after the show.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:12 AM
Wannabe

hippy is on a distinguished road

great color combo! really looking good.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:59 AM

Love it! Looking good big John! Hurry up and finish it I wanna see it