RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:12 AM

jgmick is on a distinguished road
Default Posting pictures and Camotics test

Newbie (here). Decided to take a run at posting with pictures. Read about Camotics and downloaded it last week, so used it as an image source.

The images are of a hub for a crawler vehicle (excavator, 99 year project, my kids can use it to dig the hole when I die.) Looked at a lot of pictures, many crawlers have a differential right in the sprocket hub. That looked neat and I decided I wanted one but didn't feel up to cutting out all of the small parts and drilling/tapping 0-80 and 1-72 holes (anyone using 00-80, I admire your skills, not for me.) I machined it from the solid end of a round stock. The pictures show the result. Looks really good to me.

Part 2 was Camotics. Works reasonably well, some warts in the user interfaces but pretty much happy with the results.

Pictures: Used Tinypic. Simple, free, not a lot of features I'll never use anyway. Lets see how it works.

[IMG][URL="http://feed1.tinypic.com/rss.php?ua=D7x2Y0a1KM5Fw3nlbS1aKIh4l5k2TGxc"][/IMG]
Old 03-31-2018, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Posting pictures and Camotics test

OK, that didn't work as I had expected. What did I do wrong on the picture link?
Old 03-31-2018, 02:30 PM
Green Horn

Wombii is on a distinguished road

For a clickable link:
[UR L="http://tinypic.com/m/k2ehk7/1"][IM G]http://i68.tinypic.com/jskmqw.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

without the spaces.

Tinypic has a box called "grab your code" on your page: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=...%2BYh4l5k2TGxc
The URL is from "URL for E-Mail & IM" to the left of the image.
The image link is from "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards".

For a non-clickable image, you can just use the premade "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards".
Old 04-01-2018, 07:28 AM

Thanks, we'll try that.

One additional question. When I am generating the "new post" there is a button at the bottom for "preview" Assuming I'm adding the image and jot just a clickable link, does the preview show the image?

Thanks for the coaching.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

From your tiny pic page, on left of pic, "grab your code"
You want "IMG" option
Copy/paste the whole thing over here

It should look similar to this
{ IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/jskmqw.jpg[/IMG }

Preview post will show you exactly how your message will look when you hit submit. If your pic is good, you see pic. If it's bad, you see text or bad image pic.

Last edited by frizzen; 04-02-2018 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:04 AM

Thank you for adding the picture. Now I don't need to.
Now that the picture is here, several additional comments on it.

Camotics wart: The 3 flanges on the top and the center of the part show a small post protruding upward. That came from Camotics, the real part has a clear pocket. I watched the Camotics sim run (interesting exercise) and it clearly shows the tool going into the pocket and cleaning it out.

I saved the Camotics XML file and have the NC file. If anyone is interested let me know
and I can send it to you.

Camotics kudos: Camotics never once crashed, locked up, or left for Bora Bora. Very solid. That is a real credit to the developer.

Camotics is doing exactly what I wanted it to. When I ran the sim I discovered a portion of the cycle that is wasting time cutting air. If I ever run that part again I will clean up that portion of the sequence. It will be very useful in the future to find and eliminate that kind of stuff on any part.

Minor Camotics wart: (and it may be that I just don't have a fast enough PC). When running the sim the finished surface behind the cut lags the tool position by several seconds. It does get there, it's just late. It also just jumps to a new positon but not to the tool position. Distracting, but not a major problem.

Question: Is there a Camotics forum somewhere or is this it?
Old 04-02-2018, 10:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Posting pictures and Camotics test

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmick View Post
Thank you for adding the picture. Now I don't need to.
Now that the picture is here, several additional comments on it.

Camotics wart: The 3 flanges on the top and the center of the part show a small post protruding upward. That came from Camotics, the real part has a clear pocket. I watched the Camotics sim run (interesting exercise) and it clearly shows the tool going into the pocket and cleaning it out.

I saved the Camotics XML file and have the NC file. If anyone is interested let me know
and I can send it to you.

Camotics kudos: Camotics never once crashed, locked up, or left for Bora Bora. Very solid. That is a real credit to the developer.

Camotics is doing exactly what I wanted it to. When I ran the sim I discovered a portion of the cycle that is wasting time cutting air. If I ever run that part again I will clean up that portion of the sequence. It will be very useful in the future to find and eliminate that kind of stuff on any part.

Minor Camotics wart: (and it may be that I just don't have a fast enough PC). When running the sim the finished surface behind the cut lags the tool position by several seconds. It does get there, it's just late. It also just jumps to a new positon but not to the tool position. Distracting, but not a major problem.

Question: Is there a Camotics forum somewhere or is this it?
Interesting work. This might be something to look at.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!fo...ics-users/join
or this.
https://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8535