RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 06-09-2016, 10:47 PM
Green Horn

Cat966c is on a distinguished road
Default Final checklist?

So I'm about to order the engine and valve for my loader, so I thought I'd use this thread as a sounding board to make sure everything is in order before i…uh…order…………………ummmmmmmmm…
ANYWAY-- So I'll need:
1xmagom valve
1x12v battery(still have questions)
1x esc (still have questions)
If I have a pump then 2x esc's (a cheap one for the pump motor?)
1x motor (still have questions here) 2x if I go hydraulic
1x servo (still have questions) 3x if I don't go hydraulic
Transmitter and receiver (don't know yet what to get)

So…here's the questions:

The motor
1. What motor to get?? I think I've narrowed it down to at least a few. The higher the number of turns the motor has, the more torque it has? So I guess aim for like a 35-65t motor? Or do I go with a geared motor? And how do I know which one to get? I like this one, http://m.gearbest.com/development-bo...FYwlgQodLbEMFg but I heard it would be maybe too powerful?
2. What's the deal with voltage? I mean how do I know what type battery to match to the motor? What's the best fit for, for instance, the motor above?
3. The esc. How do I match up the power of the motor and battery with it to decide which to get? Like if I have a 12v battery, what esc? Or if I have a 55t motor, which do I get?
4. Dual shaft motors. What is the deal with dual shaft motors? How do I find them? If I can modify an regular shaft motor, how do I do that?

As always, apologies dumping this all on you all and thanks! (:
Old 06-14-2016, 12:57 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Final checklist?

pertty good for a start but you missed some stuff

you will need some cyclinders fro the hydraulics that the things that do the work.
also if you get it from magom hrc then get there pump that was the motor and tank all together. if you use gear motors they are you gearbox and motor in one peice but you will need 4 gear motors one for each wheel.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:45 PM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

I suggest to use more time studying building threads of similar sized loaders at the web before buying too much stuff. Problem 1 is often one does not get enough power on the wheels at first try, or the correct speed. Don't know how you are planning setting up the drivetrain, there are 2 options;
- 1 off gear motor on each wheel, like the 'Le Tournau' equipment. The axles are made of tubes, and the gear motors are installed in the tubes.
- 1 main gear motor and 2 off axles with differentials, like Tamiya truck axles, all linked with shafts/universal joints, like the RC4WD loader

If it's about 4-5'' diameter wheels, around 50-60 rpm is suitable. The gear motor you are linking to are weak, probably a 1'' diameter, not suitable in a loader. If going for 1 off main motor, you will be looking for 540 size motors, 37mm diameter. If going for 1 off gear motor on each wheel, there are some motors 28-32mm diameter that can be suitable. 37mm diameter is even better, but might give quite low ground clearance for your size of loader.
The voltage is like the pressure the current is pushed into the motor, like hydraulic pressure is given in Bar. 7.2 V and 12V is the standard in this hobby. Voltage is given in the description of the motors, same with ESC, then one choose a battery with the correct voltage and size fitting into the model.
Dual shaft motors is some specialized stuff, often high cost, mostly used for industrial purposed. One can hook up to the motor in both end of the shaft, and possible save some space when it comes to gearboxes etc. Forget about that for a RC loader. If going for a single main motor, one connect that motor to a gearbox, and the gearbox then have dual shafts, for rear and front axles

Last edited by Rimrock; 06-14-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:57 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
I suggest to use more time studying building threads of similar sized loaders at the web before buying too much stuff. Problem 1 is often one does not get enough power on the wheels at first try, or the correct speed. Don't know how you are planning setting up the drivetrain, there are 2 options;
- 1 off gear motor on each wheel, like the 'Le Tournau' equipment. The axles are made of tubes, and the gear motors are installed in the tubes.
- 1 main gear motor and 2 off axles with differentials, like Tamiya truck axles, all linked with shafts/universal joints, like the RC4WD loader

If it's about 4-5'' diameter wheels, around 50-60 rpm is suitable. The gear motor you are linking to are weak, probably a 1'' diameter, not suitable in a loader. If going for 1 off main motor, you will be looking for 540 size motors, 37mm diameter. If going for 1 off gear motor on each wheel, there are some motors 28-32mm diameter that can be suitable. 37mm diameter is even better, but might give quite low ground clearance for your size of loader.
The voltage is like the pressure the current is pushed into the motor, like hydraulic pressure is given in Bar. 7.2 V and 12V is the standard in this hobby. Voltage is given in the description of the motors, same with ESC, then one choose a battery with the correct voltage and size fitting into the model.
Dual shaft motors is some specialized stuff, often high cost, mostly used for industrial purposed. One can hook up to the motor in both end of the shaft, and possible save some space when it comes to gearboxes etc. Forget about that for a RC loader. If going for a single main motor, one connect that motor to a gearbox, and the gearbox then have dual shafts, for rear and front axles
ya as for drive you should see if you can find a rock crawler for a drive train. that way all of your gear box axles and drive shafts are there for you and its easyer to get the speed and power you want out of it. or do like i did.

drive train=
1. a rc4wd r2 tranny
2. 2 single out put tamiya axles for semi trucks
3. 4 traxxas metal u joints and a set of drive shafts
4. 65t crawler motor .
6. castle creations sidewinder v2 esc.

radio/ power =
1.tatci ttx650 6 channel radio
2. tatic tx55 servo(steering)
3.castel creation bec.

hydrauics=
1.magom hrc mini pump with motor.
2. 2 bags of magom hrc 3mm hose
3. 2 robart 3/8 x2.1/2 in cyclinders
4 1 5robart 5/8 x 2" cyclinder
5. 2way valve set magom hrc
6. one duritracs brushed forward only esc ( for pump motor)

battery=
1. 5000 mil 2s lipo
2. 1 radio shack rechargable 9v (lights)

lights/wire =
traxxis led replacement leds
bag of deans wet noodle wire
deans plugs
lhws heat shink
good thin solder
60w soldering iron

thats my basic setup

now tires wheel and the rest is up to you, do the research. you'll get it worked out.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:10 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworth34677 View Post
ya as for drive you should see if you can find a rock crawler for a drive train. that way all of your gear box axles and drive shafts are there for you and its easyer to get the speed and power you want out of it. or do like i did.

drive train=
1. a rc4wd r2 tranny
2. 2 single out put tamiya axles for semi trucks
3. 4 traxxas metal u joints and a set of drive shafts
4. 65t crawler motor .
6. castle creations sidewinder v2 esc.

radio/ power =
1.tatci ttx650 6 channel radio
2. tatic tx55 servo(steering)
3.castel creation bec.

hydrauics=
1.magom hrc mini pump with motor.
2. 2 bags of magom hrc 3mm hose
3. 2 robart 3/8 x2.1/2 in cyclinders
4 1 5robart 5/8 x 2" cyclinder
5. 2way valve set magom hrc
6. one duritracs brushed forward only esc ( for pump motor)

battery=
1. 5000 mil 2s lipo
2. 1 radio shack rechargable 9v (lights)

lights/wire =
traxxis led replacement leds
bag of deans wet noodle wire
deans plugs
lhws heat shink
good thin solder
60w soldering iron

thats my basic setup

now tires wheel and the rest is up to you, do the research. you'll get it worked out.
Can I sub my 55t and matching esc instead? Cause I already got it
Also: I'm using my own axles and drive shafts instead, but I need a gearbox, and was thinking of using a rock crawler box? What's the power transfer from the motor?
Thanks (:
Old 06-15-2016, 10:20 PM
Journeyman

Yeah sure you can even use a 35 turn brushed motor the turns are just the amount of speed so a 65 turn is slower than a 55 Tire I rather personally used a 65 turn there's a little bit more torque and it's slower gives it a more scale look but a 55 turn motor is more than fine.

Also for gearboxes like I said I use a RC 4 wheel drive R2 tranny or gearbox but there are many different types of rock crawler gearbox is out there so it's more of a personal choice than a recommended which one is better. If you really want to get trick you can get a two-speed transmission and somehow get it in that little tractor that's what the RC 4 wheel drive will loader it has a two speed in it.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:31 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworth34677 View Post
Yeah sure you can even use a 35 turn brushed motor the turns are just the amount of speed so a 65 turn is slower than a 55 Tire I rather personally used a 65 turn there's a little bit more torque and it's slower gives it a more scale look but a 55 turn motor is more than fine.

Also for gearboxes like I said I use a RC 4 wheel drive R2 tranny or gearbox but there are many different types of rock crawler gearbox is out there so it's more of a personal choice than a recommended which one is better. If you really want to get trick you can get a two-speed transmission and somehow get it in that little tractor that's what the RC 4 wheel drive will loader it has a two speed in it.
Bingo cos! That's what I was wanting to know. I will search for a r2 tranny as you said. I want to do my loader like yours so I will follow the same steps. 😀
Old 06-16-2016, 09:47 PM

Radar is on a distinguished road

Look into the r2 heavy duty seams to be holding up good for me