RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 11-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Hahaha!
Old 11-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Done!! Just need to take battery tray apart and add new oil,

I was thinking of adding the lights at the steps, center light in back and reversing lights but I think she has enough candles. !!

Dark, one light is the pilot light for gas heater and the other blue is esc,

And with lights on, I think she has some night vision!!
Old 11-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I believe I found my white wale so to speak,,,,, my dump truck build!!

Been busy lately and when ever I sit down to try and get going something happens,,,like home and get a drink of milk that is actually cottage cheese!!

The wife continually has to pack two pounds of sh$& in a one pound bag!! She finally loaded the freezer up and froze up!! Spent several hours going through thawed food and using hair dryer to melt the gnome igloo in our freezer.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tore into the new axles to pack some more grease and check fasteners.

After doing all three and getting sidetracked a few times, installed only to realize I didn't check the inside screws that was the main reason for taking them apart!!

I am completely ecstatic and extremely thankful to have reg get me a dump body. We didn't realize the Aeromax frame is one inch shorter than a kh. Had some mock up and tear down several times and finally ended up moving the rear forward one inch. After,

Making a new cylinder only to realize reg's was better suited.

Moved the cab back 5/8". After putting everything together

Looks a lot better and didn't have to modify any of the dump box. Again it's a great system reg has and the box works flawless!! So far it's the only thing going in my favor!! Lol!!

Drilled holes in stock springs

I don't have a pic but I am using m3 all thread with a steel piece on bottom of axle. Some nuts on top. I tried to made u-bolts but kept breaking when I tried to bend them. (Several tries heated, and other ways)

Spent a couple hours figuring out how to do the steering linkage and came up with that piece only to later realize it would interfere with suspension. Scraped that idea and part.

Got this 1:64 gearbox with 65t motor to realize in high gear it's going to be way slow!! Thinking stock motor will be better

Made a new steering part and mounts for servo to only realize the steering servo should be on opposite side as the shift servo needs to be there. So going to flip steering around.

Got a nice driveshaft and tires that are just a tad taller than stock but still the front end is sitting up too high, going to have to make new leaf springs, probably several straight layered style. And got rc4wd parts today, tires, the drive shaft and adapter for front wheels to drive axle. Now it's not rc4wd fault as it says in product description (one piece) but I did not read and assumed the hex adapters would be a set of two-nope one. So another order. When I ordered last, I had realized I forgot something (a longer driveshaft) I made a second order within five min and in the area for comment I asked if they would stuff second order in same box and save me the $40 shipping charge. If they could great if not it's my own fault. But $40 shipping a driveshaft? Wow, oh well. Got the package and it was only one, but shipping email had two tracking numbers. I'm thinking great, dhl lost or forgot the second package. Nope the drive shaft was in same box, but I still am getting nailed for $40. I usually don't complain much but damm if I'm going to pay double for shipping then darn it ship it seperate!! Or credit my cc. Maybe it's just me as last couple days not much has been going well, truck wouldn't start, diesel, cat poop in Landry room - found it on the underside of my shoe on the way out, fridge frozen, have to spend xx on four new sneakers on the truck, ect,,,,, and I've become rather verse in tearing apart whatever I just put together!! Lol!!

But it's the fun of scratch build right? I guess part of it is I just can't wait to haul some dirt,, I even have been thinking of some sort of liner so I don't scratch that awesome box reg built!!
Old 11-13-2014, 12:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Despite all of the headache, your truck is really looking good and will be a real workhorse when finished! The color red you chose for the cab and the velvet black box look really good together too! It will be done before you know it and then you will have to start on something else....It's a vicious circle...
Old 11-13-2014, 12:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you need an excavator with a sifting bucket to clean out the litter box. Trucks looking good, looking forward to some video!
Old 11-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

If you want to make U bolts I take stainless rod thread one end bend down and across then measure for the length of the other side and tread the other end then bend it. I have even flattened the part that goes across the spring before bending the last leg of the U bolt. Ed
Old 11-15-2014, 05:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Had some time to get back on track!! Just a pic of the driveshaft. It's plenty beefy!!

And figured out the locker servo. I am using a high torque mini servo for all axles. I was able to lay it Inbetwene frame rails without any interference or being seen. I didn't want to hide that big driveshaft.

And the front, still have a bit of figuring out to do for electronics and placement. Probably going with same style I used on the other aeromax.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
If you want to make U bolts I take stainless rod thread one end bend down and across then measure for the length of the other side and tread the other end then bend it. I have even flattened the part that goes across the spring before bending the last leg of the U bolt. Ed
Thanks ed, I think I'll give that a go.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:34 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

Very nice work you got going Cooper. Really like your partners working with you, speaking of your Dog and squirrel. My Boarder Collie is to much of a wimp to be around me, cause i am usually firing up the tools and grinder, it scare's him
Old 11-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

Did you make your own cable holder and I see you have some other CNC made parts on the truck as well?
Old 11-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I've kept the door closed to the garage, cats only. The dog, Great Dane still a bit of puppy loves to raid my tire box and the foam inserts!! He is really bad at taking small parts when your not looking only to find them in the bed at night!!! The cats usually sleep on something or in something. They just flick an ear when air compressor kicks on and maybe lift a head when I hit the chop saw,,that's really loud!! But other than that they just are happy that the dog isn't using them as a living squeaky toy!!!

Yes, bingo, I made the holder for the servo and cable stays. 2-56 set screws holding the cable housing in place. I'm going to go and mill out/away any unneeded material to lighten it up as much as possible. And it's all manual milling no cnc,, my redneck cnc = crank, number, and crank again!!! I do have a digital read out for the mill and that was the best thing ever for me. I've been thinking of going cnc but I would still need the manual mill. Have been looking at setup thank still have the crank handles to allow manual milling abilities. The hard part for me is the computer stuff.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hauling some tail
http://youtu.be/pkKis96mwNk
Old 11-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Lol! My cats would run away!
Cheers, Neil.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well it's confirmed it's a kitty (better word but keeping p.g.) magnet !! Glad I got a few of you to chuckle. .

Ugg one of those days again!! Rain today so some playtime or work from home as I tell the wife. Designed some fuel tanks and was going to change filiment from white to black in the printer. Pretty easy to do but,,, the roll of black I have is bigger and I have to print or make a holder for it. And my enclosure is going to be too skinny for that little wider spool!! Ugg another project I guess. For now I'm going to print in white as I'm sure some tweaking will be needed.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And thebigo sorry about bingo, darn spell check!!
Old 11-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Made some square fuel tanks up, have some tweaking to do but general idea.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:19 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

No I will not, I won't, I don't need a 3D printer.... DAYUM, those tanks look good.

Joe
Old 11-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
No I will not, I won't, I don't need a 3D printer.... DAYUM, those tanks look good.
Humm,, can I twist your arm from this far away

Lol!!! Now that I have a small grasp on the software stuff it's becoming easier to do!! Only took me about 15 min to draw these up.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And some more pics of the trucks

Still have lots to do on dumptruck, flaps, tanks, might mess with fitting bumper better. I keep telling myself it's a 4x4 conversion and body is higher cuz of that . Hitch for back, lights, ect. It's never really done .