RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 10-24-2016, 12:37 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

Old 10-24-2016, 12:48 PM
Journeyman

This week i have been trying to get the hydros buttoned up on the Pan ..did I ever learn alot ..I had went for the jung pump for the reason of the space that was limited in the front ..probably should have went with a scaleart system and gained a bit of room ...well i went with the pump and mount sold by magom ..I saw that magom has their pump direct drive and thought i could use a brushless motor I had kicking around for awhile with direct drive as well ..little did i know that this motor was rated at 1500 kv per volt ..??? if you dont know much about brushless this is probably an important topic ...After everything was all hooked up and ready to go pretty much nothing happened ..motor worked fine by itself but not enough torque..the brushless Magom uses is 470 kv per volt multiply that by 12 = 5600 rpm full out ..way overkill for these pumps even with half that rpm .I swapped that motor out for a bigger brushed motor and within a few minute it was way to hot turned the pump tho ..well i ended up hooking up the drill to the back of that motor to experiment and see what would happen ...after the fluid was bleed and all the system full things seemed to move ok ..running the drill at half throttle seemed like it was enough for all the functions to work fine ..drill is max at 1700 rpm ..i did blow a line off so that indicates i have good pressure ...i realy need to get myself a good gauge ..
.i looked at buying their slower brushless but they were out of stock ..thinking now there is a better solution if you want to run inline ..Planetary seems the way to go these days ..Premacon is using them and fumotec on their 490 .
Well i tried to find something that may bolt on ..nobody out there offers anything good ATM .maybe someone else can chirp in if they have found anything good available the will bolt up .Glider guys are using some and there are a few available ..one is a combo brushless geardrive for about $200 us that requires a 4S lipo..there is a few out their but nothing to just put in your cart and buy ..Premocon doesnt offer anything unless you buy the whole setup ..im thinking that I should email Magom and request them to start building them
The belt drive is ok is you have the room ..There is some sideways pull on the bearings tho ...not sure how much of a factor it has but it cant be good for the bearings
after almost a full day scouring the internet i decided that i would build my own ,,you can see the pics that i used the internals of a cordless screw driver ..seems to work ok but a little on the noisy side ..full of grease and going to cross my fingers ..sorry about the long winded post guys ..BTw thanks to joe and Reg for the well needed advice
Old 10-24-2016, 01:33 PM
Journeyman

yesterday i went over to Robs and did a little testing ..still some bugs to work out ..i think i will have to extend the apron lift rod a touch as i was having trouble closing the apron ..It would over extend and bind in the rotation ..speed is a little fast ..may have to us small hydraulic lines or maybe i can make adjustments with the radio ....may have to beef up the frame as well or brace it up ..not a bad day for the first hydraulic run ..heres a vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWV...#gpluscomments
Old 10-24-2016, 05:42 PM
Journeyman

Here is a few more pics i took over at robs

Old 10-24-2016, 10:15 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

T-n-T-Lou-the pan is coming along really good. I liked the video. Seems like all systems work well. I am wondering if everything is going to fit in the cab, but I'm sure you have all that planned out. Great build!!
Old 10-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

You have been very busy I see. Nice to see some scrapers.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Lou the pan is working great for being the first time running it. A few more adjustments and a little stick time with it and it and you will be perfect. Ed
Old 10-26-2016, 07:30 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Looks good Lou . I did see some flex behind the bowl like some bracing is missing when you move the ejector .

I thought the parts book pic might help

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:45 PM
Journeyman

Thanks Steve really helpful .I have looked at alot of different pics and had not seen how they had it built .I did some adjustments to the cylinder placement and that helped alot ..I am still going to add some braces..I am going to have to be very careful when ejecting as to make sure the apron is fully open ..the ejector cylinder is very strong and bends components when they are in the Way ..

thanks Ed and Steve ..this has been a really fun build so far ..i have learned alot about the different models and sizes..lots to look out for ..this wont be exact to any specific model tho ..Mostly a 637G

Thanks tom..I think this has to be one of the most difficult builds to plan out ..that was one of the reasons i chose a Duel engine so I could make a bit more room ..A single engine would of been a nightmare ..lol Batteries will fit in the Rear and with careful wiring and fabrication I will be able to have a free Cab with room for an operator
Old 10-28-2016, 06:57 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

No prob Lou, Steve got me into buying parts books . They really help on parts you can't see from pics . The scraper is 1 of the toughest to build. 2 other come to mind, 6 way blade and rubber tired backhoe .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:58 PM

oldguy70 is on a distinguished road

Looks great Lou you can tell a master builder is involved.
Earl
Old 10-30-2016, 04:43 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Looking good Lou

How much can you slow the hyd pump motor down before it starts to act erractic?

Joe
Old 11-04-2016, 09:55 PM
Journeyman

Thanks Joe .Motor seems to be running smooth ..I am guessing I can get the RPM down to about a 200rpm i am guessing ..Looks pretty slow .I did a little more testing today and with a bit of Radio adjustments I managed to slow some things down a bit ..The apron still needs a little tweeking tho..Last few weeks have been good and getting some of the detail done ...Looks as though photobucket is down this eve so no pics yet ..I did manage to load a bunch on FB and a new Vid on youtube..There is a glitch in the radio ATM and you can see it at the first 30 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGFFSoI3GqQ

https://www.facebook.com/TNTL-Mini-L...5995429936116/
Old 11-05-2016, 01:28 AM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Looks real good Lou. Looking forward to see it scraping some dirt. It's a one of a kind model!
Old 11-05-2016, 10:34 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

You probably already know but to slow down hydros without loosing pressure just limit how much the valve opens with servo limits. Can't wait till you get to scrape some dirt, looks great and one of my favorite pieces of equipment, you nailed this one!!
Old 11-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Journeyman

Thanks Rob It was good to have a visit with you and greg yesterday ..too bad we forgot to take videos lol..you and Greg got the hang of the sticks pretty quick too..Im sure you are going to be running that thing too in the spring while I push with the D10..

Thanks RW ..It would be nice to be able to have the pump off and be able to mix but with the steering the way it is when pump isn't running the force make the machine wander ....I plan on switching to a better radio the the turnigy ..then run pump between 10 - 25 % and mix as needed ...In the vid I was running maybe 30% and that gave me plenty of hydraulic power...I did do some adjustment with the endpoint and the exponential and that really helped with the steering ...Apron is still a little fast and maybe if i swap out the 4mm hoses to 2.5 mm hoses it will make a difference ..
It is good to see bucket is back up so pics coming soon
Old 11-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Journeyman

s/20161104_142638_zpsulrumlkr.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Lou, just wanted to say thanks for letting a rookie at the controls. Did a couple of quick 360's with front end hard over and she preformed beautifully, no push, no slide!! Thanks for the invite to be an operator and looking forward to scraping dirt.
Rob
Old 11-23-2016, 10:49 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road

Looks great Lou !!! Say....where did you get the alm checker plate and brass/copper perf plate used on the grill from?
KP
Old 11-23-2016, 11:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

Diamond plate looks like wedicos