RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction General Discussion

Construction General Discussion General questions

Old 02-10-2020, 07:54 AM

Aramis76 is on a distinguished road
Default RC4WD 360L excavator feedback needed

Hi all,

After admiring hydraulic excavators for some time, I am considering buying my first one and I think it would be the 360L from RC4WD (from Eagle Mach).

I've been trying to find honest reviews and comments about it, but have not found much.

Is it a problem machine? I know the valve block and pump are not top of the line, but will they last a bit anyway?
What about actuators/pistons, are they common enough to be able to change/rebuild should there be a problem?

Essentially and feedback is welcomed. I don't mind having to replace some parts in the future, but if stuff starts going back after only a few hours, that's better to know upfront.

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2020, 02:12 PM

pedrcri is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC4WD 360L excavator feedback needed

I have been wondering the same thing. I feel the internals (pump and valve block) might not be of the best quality and could be replaced for maybe LESU parts. as for the machine I do see a few out working well and not running into much problems. I have seen some with leaking cylinders but that can all be fixed. I feel your dilemma. you dont want to buy it and run into issues right away. good luck with the purchase.... it is what I want to do as well but I might spend more money and get the LESU excavators. better quality.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:10 PM

I hear you, but it's much more money, not just a little more.

That's the problem, there's no middle it seems, it's either entry level, or a steep slope to the expensive models!
Old 02-10-2020, 09:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

The red Link-Belt excavator in this video is an RC4WD Version ONE. You'd be busying a version 2, if you bought one now. The owner did EXTENSIVE body work to this machine to make it onto a LinkBelt machine. EVERYTHING hydrauolic, pump, valves, cylinders are ALL stock! This machine works HARD at PNWSTE gatherings. The owners favorite place to be with it is digging virgin ground at the mine site!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i21RtZUJtuM

Make SURE, when/if you get one to remove EVERY bolt & nut, & Loktite them! They DON'T apply any at the factory. If you neglect to Loktite everything, you'll have MAJOR issues with your machine!
Old 02-10-2020, 09:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

The brushed drive motors are crappy! I've seen replacement motors go out in 2 minutes. The motors themselves are alright, bu the gear reduction is crap! The stock servos will go out rather quickly. Mine did, & so has everyone else in our club that's bought the 4200XL. For more information check out PNWSTE on Facebook. Pacific NorthWest Scale Trucks and Equipment.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post

Make SURE, when/if you get one to remove EVERY bolt & nut, & Loktite them! They DON'T apply any at the factory. If you neglect to Loktite everything, you'll have MAJOR issues with your machine!
This part makes me think i should buy a kit and build it once, well...
Old 02-15-2020, 02:43 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

On the sub forum above, Construction Equipment Tech, there's a few threads on problems & upgrade options for the 360L

https://rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

In this thread, Rimrock from Norway does a lot rebuilding on chinese models for ppl & has a track brushed motor upgrade for the 4200XL. I'm not sure if fits the 360L.

https://rctruckandconstruction.com/s...ad.php?t=13297

Joe