RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Euro Style Trucks and Trailers

Euro Style Trucks and Trailers A place for the Euro style trucks single and twin axle trucks and trailers...

Old 05-26-2019, 04:02 PM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road
Default Scania R

Hello everyone,

I bought this rolling chassis about 3 years ago from a Dutchman on Facebook. I had a previous Tamiya build which I used for spares to build this. Its been a slow on/off build, I've lost interest and enthusiasm along the way! But I'm getting there slowy!

Any way heres how it came

My cab and few extra's added on

Then I stripped it all done and went for a red chassis and a sky blue cab

Spent a lot of time wiring, hiding wires and trying to keep it neat and hidden under the cab floor

Hid the speaker down low

Cab painted and a trial fit

Christmas 2018 - started back to it by painting some of the 3D printed parts

A facelift kit arrived

Then I had a crazy moment and decided - hey why not strip the whole cab down and repaint it
Best decision I made, stuck between dark blue and black I opted for black and set about doing it again!

And here we are, more parts painted and curing.

The chassis at present

Old 05-27-2019, 04:12 PM

sassgrunt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scania R

I really am enjoying the way your Scania is developing. Thank you for sharing the changes you have made to the truck since you bought it; I think that a lot of us look at something we have tried, and then go back and start changing things. But, that sure makes it difficult to finally finish it! Yours is looking very good. Are you going to paint a trailer to match it?
Old 05-27-2019, 05:22 PM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassgrunt View Post
I really am enjoying the way your Scania is developing. Thank you for sharing the changes you have made to the truck since you bought it; I think that a lot of us look at something we have tried, and then go back and start changing things. But, that sure makes it difficult to finally finish it! Yours is looking very good. Are you going to paint a trailer to match it?
Thanks for the positive comments, i'm terrible for buying loads of parts but never actually get around to fitting them! Then changing my mind on how its going to look, really happy I've gone from blue to black. The overall finish is a far better standard
Eventually, I wont be anything fancy probably just a flat trailer with a little weight - currently its a little light on the drive axle

Calum
Old 05-27-2019, 06:11 PM

sassgrunt is on a distinguished road

Thank you for sharing the progress and changes you are making during your build. I think a lot of us wish we had done something differently after a build of our own truck, but are too hesitant (or perhaps too lazy, in my case) to go back and re-do it. The color scheme or black & red is much more eye-catching than blue. Are you going to paint a trailer to match?

(Sorry for the nearly-double post. When I looked for it an hour after posting it wasn't there. Now after posting a second time, it IS! Too many moving parts, probably).