RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Truck Building Tech

Truck Building Tech Covers mechanical and electrical components for truck modeling

Old 03-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wedico Rear Suspension

claus that set up looks great.! I like how the axels have all that room for articulation under the frame rail. its also a center point style that gives the most amount of travel. model air ride just don't cut it in my opinion if you plan to off road the truck.. Most 1:1 spring ride trucks only have about 8" of travel air ride has less...I think our models need much more travel for some of the off road stuff we do with them.....

Question....will your set up have the driveshaft issues that the Tamiya trucks have? The issue I always see with my tamiyas tandem spring ride is with how they are limited in travel due to the short length of the inter axel driveshaft. add a load and the frame is resting on the axels. the only way I see that this can be fixed is with a longer spread, longer driveshaft or some how let the axels piviot only in the center and let the front long driveshaft u joint take up the interaxel driveshaft issue. also will need a beam or stiff springs to keep sagging at a minimum.

Thanks for sharing the pics.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:04 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wedico Rear Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmackattack View Post
claus that set up looks great.! I like how the axels have all that room for articulation under the frame rail. its also a center point style that gives the most amount of travel. model air ride just don't cut it in my opinion if you plan to off road the truck.. Most 1:1 spring ride trucks only have about 8" of travel air ride has less...I think our models need much more travel for some of the off road stuff we do with them.....

Question....will your set up have the driveshaft issues that the Tamiya trucks have? The issue I always see with my tamiyas tandem spring ride is with how they are limited in travel due to the short length of the inter axel driveshaft. add a load and the frame is resting on the axels. the only way I see that this can be fixed is with a longer spread, longer driveshaft or some how let the axels piviot only in the center and let the front long driveshaft u joint take up the interaxel driveshaft issue. also will need a beam or stiff springs to keep sagging at a minimum.

Thanks for sharing the pics.
Thanks for the compliments. I'm running RC4WD Ultra driveshafts. I have drove my truck some (in the house only) and have not experienced any issues with the driveshafts binding up. I can post some photos in a day or two if you like. The next hurdle is I want rear fenders, not sure how well fenders are going to work with all the travel my suspension has.