RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 02-15-2011, 11:47 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

I just took some measurements with the cab in place, it's just under 11 inches. The window opening is just over 12 inches. It'll fit.

Not really frustrating at all Izzy, I'm not in any hurry to get it done anyway, I'm just enoying tinkering with it a little at a time. I didn't intend to use it till summer, it's more for outside than in the basement.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

lol only 1 inch to spare = better then 0 inches!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:12 AM
BANNED

If it were zero it'd still fit Dean.

Here's a new movie of nothing really new, but maybe will tie ya'll over till summer when the 850 comes to life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OITmVomh-s
Old 02-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

lol you tease!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I believe it's 2.5 Greg. Post #500 wdc loaders now have the same plumbing size as the Stahl Komatsu. My old loader was #327. Is that piece of crap still working for you guys?
Hey joe since i got it i might have put maybe 10 hours on it ..Definatley have to upgrade the steering ..If i dont run it too hard I may get another year without having to put $ into it

The Deere is looking good ...I really like the way they have the swing set up and looks as though with the worm gears it will be very stong on the swing..With the new hydraulics at more pressure what type of hose did they supply you with?...Im thinking that I may one day build a big hoe with that jung pump i have so I will need some high pressure hose..

Nice to see another good vid joe...Very smooth on the hydros..That Kamatsu is one slick peice of equipment...Very popular channel you have with over 2 million hits...Now if you could get a buck for every one you could almost quit farming ..lol
Old 02-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Lil Giants, You have my curiosity going, who is the 3rd guy in Utah? And why haven't we met him yet? Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:23 PM

mog is on a distinguished road

well good to see you have not got snow in i shere you got lost of things to do to get ready for calving season. good luck

Old 02-24-2011, 01:25 AM
BANNED

Kinda feel snowed in Martin. I've been plowing/blowing for two long days now & I haven't accomplished much area yet. Get the cows home on the wkend & lock 'em in a big pen till the snow is nearly gone... the open area is much too deep for my quad. It's gonna be chaotic! I hope it warms up soon, this -25 nonsense is getting old, enough already!

Neil, the other fellow is Mitch, he's not much for forum participation and his new job that brought him to Utah keeps him quite busy. I spoke to him before xmas, he mentioned his rc gear has been boxed up for over a yr. Maybe he'll make an appearance on the forum someday when work slows down.

Ya know it's funny Lou, when I reached a million Dec 09, by this time last yr I had another 350,000... I thought I was on my way to 2 mill in no time... my popularity has died off. haha I look at modelkran1, he was about 5mill this time last yr, now he's nearly 20mill. I wonder how much he's making from YT Adsense? I haven't got a cheque yet... I don't think I registered correctly.

The worm drive is great for reduction, and quite powerful no doubt too, but the ring gear is plastic or nylon(?), not sure how much torque to put on that? And the stress on the arms, though they are made from 5mm, could get them wobbly too soon. It seems in the vids of Kalle's & Ole's Hitachi's that the swing is really noisy... could be an overly sensitive microphone on their cameras.

Waiting on parts, calving about ten days away, won't be any updates for awhile...
Old 02-24-2011, 01:55 AM

Bellien is on a distinguished road

TAGS

You don't use very many - It took me a lot of Youtube searching before I stumbled upon your videos. which is a shame, the way you run them, they look like the real deal in some giants basement.

On a side note; Youtube seem to have disabled the video statistics... those stink pods...
Old 02-24-2011, 02:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Lil Giants, have Mitch send me and Mike a pm, we'll have to get together sometime!
Thank's, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

yup you gotta tag your videos well. put the manufacture from every part and rig on the video in the tag area. using a wedico 2-1 motor block? tag Wedico lol.

Also i think you have submitt each video for revenue sharing.
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 02-28-2011, 11:27 PM
BANNED

Well... if you were looking specifically for "rc construction equipment", what other tags would one add? Some of my vids with the most views are the ones with "Road" in the title, I guess for sure I should add that one!

I brought my lil hoe (I guess I call it now ) to the workbench last nite for an oil change, 1st time it's left the quarry since... maybe last Spring. Last summer the stick cyl started to drip... didn't take long to make the entire model grimy!

Every other wk I suck out the oil from the reservior, squeeze out the cyls activating the servos with pump off, then put in fresh oil. I haven't clean the filter in a long time & it seemed my cycle speed was slowing down lately -> clogged filter maybe?

The glass jar has laquer thinner in it too clean the brass filter. I soaked & blew with pressurized air a few times, then left to soak in fresh thinner overnite. There was only a few grains of sediment left to be seen in the jar. I put the filter to my mouth (bleh) and blew before I cleaned, didn't seem restricted at all.

Anyways, used a roll of mini towels (toilet paper ) & a few Q-tips, it's fairly clean again... back to work.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Sorta looks like it came out of the coal fields. How many hours?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:47 PM
BANNED

In total? ...hard to say... maybe 3hrs/wk, 40wks/yr, 1.5yrs old = 160-180 total.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:34 AM
Green Horn

elliot330 is on a distinguished road

It cleaned up nicely, did you repair the leaking cyclinder? If nothing else, the oil keeps the dust down!

Did I read that correctly, you change the oil once a week? Is that necessary or just giving the machine a bit extra TLC?
Old 03-01-2011, 11:06 AM
BANNED

No, it's not dripping that bad yet. I have extra cyls in stock, but there's some more life to be used up yet from this one... it's already a mess anyway.

No, change oil every other week, as in approx twice a month, I keep a mental log or I try to. I use it quite a bit & with the pressure turned up, the oil darkens quickly from the aluminum oxidization. It'd be nice to get these cyls with steel barrels, the oil quality might last considerably longer & the scraper seal too.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

"I have extra cyls in stock" lol you running your own warehouse now to?

awesome pictures thought! looks like the real thing around here!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 03-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Green Horn

elliot330 is on a distinguished road

Mmm, my cylinders on the dump truck are brass, would I need to do as many oil changes do you think?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:12 AM
BANNED

It's good to have inventory of different things I know I'll need sooner or later Dean, it saves alot of hassle purchasing & waiting for parts.

I sent Lars Stahl a mail two wks ago about what specific wheel motor I need for my adt? He replied within a few hrs to say he'd send me one, is there anything else I need? I said sure, I need some cyls for my wheel loader & extra dozer motors... I haven't gotten a response from him since, even with a reminder mail last wk... so now what?!!! There sits the adt broke down for two months and no parts.

Elliot, the cyls on my Vario hoe are brass barrels too, I guess we'll soon find out how often the oil needs changing.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:09 PM
BANNED

So after posting above last night, I sent another mail to Lars to see what's up. And early this morning I get a reply from young Mr Stahl that the order is almost complete and will ship by the end of the week, maybe.