RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Euro Style Trucks and Trailers

Euro Style Trucks and Trailers A place for the Euro style trucks single and twin axle trucks and trailers...

Old 03-12-2016, 12:13 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Lynn are you talking about packing shimes on the tank braket to raise tank a little ?

Cheers Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:29 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road

Hi Tracy, Lynn is asking if moving the support from the air tanks up a couple of mounting holes might help in avoiding having to file off a bit from the bottom outrank.

So I did try that this morning. By moving the straight bracket that holds the air tanks up 2 holes.

This does indeed help a bit but not really that much due to the angle of the front fender. But as you can see not too much of the air tank would have to be grinded off.

At the moment the bottom air tank is pushing the front fender forwards so it is at an angle. (Have not tightened the bots 100% during all these fitting exercises) The angle is not as bad as it looks to be in the picture.

Going to let this rest for a bit and get the frame ready for paint.

Last edited by Rakthi; 03-12-2016 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:13 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road

So after getting side tracked with the air tanks for a bit, back to the rear suspension. As mentioned already, the missing pieces were shipped and arrived safely.

So we start by assembling the leafs of the rear suspension.

Before we assemble them, I filed off the little nub that was left from the attachment point.

First we stack the leafs on the center bolt.

You can use two of the screws, that are used to attach other bits to the rear axles, in the big holes to make sure they are all aligned before tightening that nut.

Attach the bushing support to the leaf pack

Manual states to trim the screws (Left 2 done in this picture)

At this time I also run a 5mm dril bit through the bushing support to remove the coating. This makes it easier to install the bushing afterwards.

Next up is the suspension supports (same as for the air suspension)

I replace the M3x6 philips head screw with an allen head one. Easier to install (tip I got from German forum)

The assembly manual indicated to use the higher opening because this is a tractor truck ... might change that later because I intend to use this one more off road. Also I did not use grease on the bushing or Loctite on the screw. Have to come apart again to paint later. You can see that an allan key is easier to use than a philips screwdriver.

This is as far as I got this session.

Tags
man tgx xl, scaleart, trailer