RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 12-15-2014, 05:38 PM

pyrosrock is on a distinguished road
Smile Another Ozzie!

Hey Guys, im located in Melbourne and have been into rc for almost 4 years now.
I started with the classic high speed basher stuff then moved toward what i do IRL with the 4x4 scale stuff and also some comp crawler gear. I have also dabbled in the flying and do a bit of slope soaring/DLG with others when they are over from SA.

Growing up i always wanted to drive a excavator especially after there was a heap of drainage works behind my house when i was aged 3, the whole lot was done with a 60t and when they snapped a throttle cable and were waiting for a new one they gave me a go at the controls, everything was obviously very slow movements but i was hooked!
from then on growing up i spent hours at construction sites watching the works

I have always since i started rc, wanted some construction equipment and even have done the tonka dump truck rc conversion.

never the less my journey continues...

I would love to contribute to the community where i can(i am involved in the undercarage industry IRL), and get some advice on what works what dont. any advise that you guys have to stop another from making the classic mistakes again would be greatly apreciated! feel free to just link me to previous posts that you think i might find interesting or shuld know!
Old 12-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Green Horn

Location: Mount Evelyn/Lilydale Area, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3796
Kingcam2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another Ozzie!

Hi Pyrosrock

Welcome to Rc Truck and Construction.com,

I am from Melbourne as well, I am also a part of a Melbourne Rc Truck and Construction Group,

The Group is called Victorian Rc Truckers Inc, here A link to our Facebook group,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VictorianRcTruckersInc

It's also fine if you don't have facebook as 2 times a month we send out email to all our member just reminding them what the group is up to as we have some member that don't used facebook,

Normally we have one meeting a month and a show or an event to go to as well, at the moment in November we do two truck show so that month we all have no meeting.

On January 10th and the 11th will be at the Geelong Classic Truck & Vintage Machinery Show doing a Display and demos at the Geelong Show Grounds,
You're welcome to come along and spend some time with us at the show.

If you want to sing up to email list just send me a message on the forum,

Regards Cameron.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:24 AM

pyrosrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another Ozzie!

hey thanks for that info, i have sent you a pm.

Tags
australian, new member