RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Farm Tractors and Implements

Farm Tractors and Implements Discussion of farm equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2019, 07:14 PM

agriRC is on a distinguished road
Default Fully 3D printed John Deere 1/10 scratch build

Hi Everyone

Heres the start of my first build. I have decided to fully 3D print the whole build where I can as I have two CR-10 printers to be used. Its based on the round cab series John Deere as these are what I drove when I first started driving tractors. I remember the sound of the straight 6. I will be looking to do a 2wd version after this 4wd.

Here is the specs I am aiming for
  • FPV pan/tilt camera in cab with runcam 2
  • sound module
  • exhaust smoke generator
  • front and rear Diffs
  • rear diff lock
  • engage/disengage front axle
  • full lighting all around
  • 3 point linkage/draw bar
  • variable speed PTO
  • buttons on rear fender to control PTO and 3 point linkage
  • rotating steering wheel (better FPV experience)
  • moving gear levers (better FPV experience)
  • working cab door and rear window
  • serial link to rear attachments
  • custom app for controls with physical joysticks on the side of the tablet for driving.
  • future mods include locking front axle, wire following for autonomous mode and front 3 point linkage

Tyres are printed from flexible filament. Custom tread pattern designed to be 3D printer friendly. Fustratingly the filament wasnt dry half way through the print as you can see slight difference in surface finish.

Heres the internals of the front axle. I had inspiration from mrcrankyface on thingiverse. I re designed his model to get correct width and include mud guard mounts. Also modified it to mount steering servo to the top. Axle works really well.

Servo mounted on axle with custom servo horn. I print using PTEG. After trying so many filaments I found it was the best to print with using kapton tape on the bed. It can be stringy with small spider webs over the print but nothing a lighter cant handle. It is strong and I have confidence in the drive train gearing. I will upgrade front axle to a lockable diff eventually. I also want to modify the camber sumhow. This means at full lock the wheels are angled so it will be more realistic.

Plenty of room under hood for smoke generator and batteries.

Rear tyre being printed with 5% infill. The filament was baked in oven for 6 hours to ensure there was no moisture absorbed. Should get plenty of traction.

There are some absolutely stunning all metal builds on here and some people with skills I could only dream of.

Nice to meet you all. More updates to follow.

agriRC

Tags
3d printed, 4wd, fpv, john deere, remote control