RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What happend???

Well John, at least you are back in the green and we have all learned something. I don't really value the status so much. I found on the other forum I mentioned, which was a sports car club, people got way too hung up on that and there was a terrible hierarchy. I like it here, where people don't look down on people over post count etc, but it is nice to able to reward someone in some way for their help.

Thanks also to Travis for making it all very clear.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Im glad that this happened so we can learn something new. And im glad youre back in the green Big John!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:51 PM

RCLaser is on a distinguished road

So in checking this out - I was curious about seeing my own Reputation...
I found out if you click the Reputation box for one of your own posts it will show you your current points. (I have 10.. I assume that is where I started at)

Did you happen to check out your points Big John before you were elevated to Green block status?

I also noticed it allows for a comment.... Where do these go? Does anyone Know?

Jeff
Old 05-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack kid View Post
Dido Sgt Hopkins
i learned some thing that i didnt know worked against me (ignorance of the law). i havent multi quoted because i never took the time to figure out how and that was post whoring to admin. In quess i need to read more.
Mack kid, multi quote is easy. Start with the first quote, click on the multi quote on all you want to respond to, and on the next, and so on. then on the last one click on quote, and it will bring all of them up at once. Hope this helps.

i think this speaks highly of the people on this forum. there not interested in all that who did what and the games people play. They come for love of the Equipment and have PRIDE in Their work and reputation.
You said it buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudd View Post
nicely said!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope everyone takes something from this
Yes it was, very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
Well John, at least you are back in the green and we have all learned something. I don't really value the status so much. I found on the other forum I mentioned, which was a sports car club, people got way too hung up on that and there was a terrible hierarchy. I like it here, where people don't look down on people over post count etc, but it is nice to able to reward someone in some way for their help.

Thanks also to Travis for making it all very clear.
Steve, I have to agree, but I am guilty of not using the point system. But I will definitely pay closer attention from now on. And yes THANKYOU Travis again, YOU 'DA MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTech9 View Post
Im glad that this happened so we can learn something new. And im glad youre back in the green Big John!
RCTech, I know it was a bad situation, but I think we've all learned from this, and yes, it's good to back in the green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser View Post
I found out if you click the Reputation box for one of your own posts it will show you your current points. (I have 10.. I assume that is where I started at)

Did you happen to check out your points Big John before you were elevated to Green block status?

Jeff
Jeff, I have not checked my points in quite some time. The last time I looked, I had 13, or 16 points. But when I saw I was in the red, I believe I had -32 points. That's why I brought this thread up. I just didn't know why.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser View Post

Jeff
Here is how the reputation system works.

Upon registration new users shall receive 10 reputation points.

Your reputation power starts at 0.

For every 365 days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

For every 1000 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

For every 50 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

A user must have 10 reputation points before their reputation hits count on others.

A user must have 50 posts before their reputation hits count on others.

A user can give 10 reputation clicks over each 24 hour period.

A user must give reputation to 20 different users before they can hit the same person again.

The last 5 ratings will be displayed in the user's control panel. If a comment is left it will be displayed as well.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 05-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

: dbl face palm : not another thread about reputation points who gives a crap BUILD baby build

Old 05-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
: dbl face palm : not another thread about reputation points who gives a crap BUILD baby build
i just build and post pics of it and try to help out when i can! love the hobby could care less about any "points" unless i win some free parts for my builds..... HAHA do we?? J/K I do like the idea behind the ability of being able to "thank" someone for their post or show them apreciation for their hard and stunning work.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:21 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

What every happened to building it for yourself and the love of our industry like the old days, not for some stupid rep points or some stars or the number of views it gets, go to your work area and start building not crying about where have my points gone if you need them bad your doing it for the wrong reason...

Cheers Tracy

Old 05-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
LMAO Steve!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossett View Post
What every happened to building it for yourself and the love of our industry like the old days, not for some stupid rep points or some stars or the number of views it gets, go to your work area and start building not crying about where have my points gone if you need them bad your doing it for the wrong reason...

Cheers Tracy
Tracy, you got the wrong idea about me. I was concerned that someone on the board had it in for me. That's why I brought it up. I do build for myself, and truely enjoy it.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Green Horn

mack kid is on a distinguished road

Thanks Big John i will give it a try.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

OK we are done with this thread.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Closed Thread