RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > South Western Ontario Model Truckers Association

South Western Ontario Model Truckers Association This is the place for the South Western Ontario Model Truckers Association to post their events and discussions.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Green Horn

REV73 is on a distinguished road
Default June 15th Touch-A-Truck event in Ancaster

Hey everyone, some of you may know that my wife and I are co-chairs of the Ancaster Touch a Truck show at the Ancaster Fair Grounds each year. This years show is the day before Fathers day, June 15th from 10am to 3pm and I have secured a perfect location for us to run. It's indoors and has a smooth concrete floor. Seeing as I am one of the organizers I cannot be with the group all day but I'm hoping that some of our local members (I'm looking at you Dwayne) might be able to bring out their rigs and put on a great show. our event has between 50 and 75 custom trucks, police and fire vehicles, military stuff, race cars and run of the mill construction cranes and equipment and farm stuff too. I know that the drivers would be awe struck to see what we do with our mini rigs. whose in???? It would be a great warm up to Clifford 2 weeks later.

Last edited by REV73; 04-17-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 04-22-2013, 11:20 PM
Green Horn

Default Re: June 15th Touch-A-Truck event in Ancaster

so I'm guessing that there is no interest from anyone??? we need to know soon so we can do some advertising and it would help to generate some interest I think.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:13 AM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road

Would love to but can't do this and Clifford.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:34 AM
Green Horn

I know you guys would love to do both, but living in the arctic makes it hard to get down this way!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road

At the rate the weather is going, we will probably hook a sled up to my nephews dog and arrive via dogsled. lol
Old 05-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

hey mike as we discussed on the phone...or more like text on the phone,if everything goes well i will be there with my fleet with a few new ones...hoping to get them finished
Old 05-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Green Horn

awesome, when will you know for sure??
Old 05-06-2013, 02:14 AM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road

Rev,

Let me confirm this for people: Ancaster Agricultural Society "Touch a Truck" event, June 15th, 2013 (one day only)

http://ancasteragriculturalsociety.c...&date=20130615

Ancaster Fairgrounds, Exit #55 off the 403, south on Hwy. 52/Trinity Road, just past the Wilson St. W. intersection. Address is 630 Trinity Road.

Using the 403 Exit (#58) at Wilson Street, its west on Wilson St. West, and then turn right (south) at Hwy. 52/Trinity Road.

Being a small guy with circulation/temperature issues, I might find the Lancaster event better as its inside, out of the sun, and a one-day shot (then again I'd be tapped driving back afterward w/o a layover)

I looked at the site in Google... no buildings, or are we using that building on the east side across the road that has semi-trailers in the lot? (would be my guess)

Also, possibilities on cheap accomodations? When do we set-up / when is tear-down? Details?

WhiteWolf
Old 05-06-2013, 02:15 AM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road

Rev,

Let me confirm this for people: Ancaster Agricultural Society "Touch a Truck" event, June 15th, 2013 (one day only)

http://ancasteragriculturalsociety.c...&date=20130615

Ancaster Fairgrounds, Exit #55 off the 403, south on Hwy. 52/Trinity Road, just past the Wilson St. W. intersection. Address is 630 Trinity Road.

Using the 403 Exit (#58) at Wilson Street, its west on Wilson St. West, and then turn right (south) at Hwy. 52/Trinity Road.

Being a small guy with circulation/temperature issues, I might find the Lancaster event better as its inside, out of the sun, and a one-day shot (then again I'd be tapped driving back afterward w/o a layover.

PS: Highway 407 is a transponder/toll route, checked the fee online (www.407ETR.com), $9.36 w/o transponder either way for a small vehicle. Simpler to drop down off 401 earlier (if you're coming from the East) and use 427 instead. Isn't much longer or slower (according to Google)

I looked at the site in Google... no buildings, or are we using that building on the east side across the road that has semi-trailers in the lot? (would be my guess)

Also, possibilities on cheap accomodations? When do we set-up / when is tear-down? Details? OH, any fees for entry/registration, and freebies (like burger/dog & drink kinda deal?)

WhiteWolf

Last edited by WhiteWolf McBride; 05-06-2013 at 02:34 AM.