RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 07-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

I don't know what the heck I was thinking! Maybe it's because I built the chute without ever parking the dump truck next to it? maybe too busy looking at the conveyor?
the chute I built never had a chance!

http://youtu.be/Z_YAPFodBNM
Old 07-19-2015, 03:08 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Hi Mario your gas station is cool . I won't mention any trains for awhile , but how about a cement mixer ? Could be cab over . Mike
Old 07-19-2015, 03:18 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

I thought that you would get a kick out of seeing the video. I sub to his channel and as soon as I saw it was in Sault Ste Marie I thought of you. His next video had more Cat stuff and your service truck out on 17 as he was going east to Montreal.
Rob
Old 07-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I showed the video at work. Same confused faces at first, then a few guys got a wee bit upset about someone video taping on our property.......what a world we live in

Small update on the conveyor feed chute. I think version 2.0 might work much better. . Hoping if all goes well, I should have the entire plant up and running dirt on the weekend!

http://youtu.be/ru_0GfHuVCM
Old 07-23-2015, 07:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I am so happy with the new chute I built! can't believe how well it works right out of the gate!

http://youtu.be/FSw3MQo5o7I
Old 07-23-2015, 08:26 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Mario looks good and I agree about neighbours . I'm going to go back through your thread and build one too it's so simple ? Mike
Old 07-24-2015, 01:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I am so happy with the new chute I built! can't believe how well it works right out of the gate!

http://youtu.be/FSw3MQo5o7I
Job well done! Your setup is getting better every day.

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
Mario looks good and I agree about neighbours . I'm going to go back through your thread and build one too it's so simple ? Mike
Thanks Mike. Yes , it is simple and creates so many possibilities of use. I quickly got tired of leaving little dirt piles all over the place in the past. This set up makes things so much easier and efficient.
All in, I spent less than 100 bucks to build 2 conveyors. Freebies on stuff helps as much as I really enjoyed building my trucks and would love to build more, budget says otherwise. The pleasure of building in the yard for cheap and using everyday things around me is another great way to enjoy the " building " part of this hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egronvold View Post
Job well done! Your setup is getting better every day.
Thank you.. Only our second summer in the new yard but with all that's been done lately, things are coming to life. When people came here before, they thought I had a little race track in my backyard.
Now with docks, fuel stop and screener plant it's not a race track anymore!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Walking through Canadian tire the other day and came across these little led snake lights.

i tried it out lastnight for the first time and the whole area lights up nicely. Unfortunately the pics aren't worth posting. My iPad ain't the greatest in low light

Here's some day pics of them in place.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:52 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I've seen them too, but never had such a thought,... Good work Mario.

Joe
Old 07-27-2015, 08:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks Joe. Just a heads up on these lights. Once again I should have done a little more research but fortunately I have a plan B.
Back in crappy tire today and thought, maybe I'll get some spare batteries for these little lights. Almost had a heart attack when I realized it costs almost 12 bucks for 3 batteries! ..... I bought every light they had on the shelf! 9 of them! How can they sell for 4 bucks when batteries cost 3 times that!?
Anyway, no replacements, I'll be powering the lot of them from a external power source once batteries go dead thank you very much!
Old 07-27-2015, 09:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I'm guessing they are 6v so one big lead acid in the "office building" should do the trick!
Old 07-28-2015, 06:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Looking good Mario!
Old 07-28-2015, 07:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I'm guessing they are 6v so one big lead acid in the "office building" should do the trick!
Yup, that's what I was thinking. .... And thanks Reg, just gave me an idea! Definitely need a sign above the door that says " office "

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Looking good Mario!
Thanks Kent! I'm really happy with how it's looking. . All those hours standing and staring at the yard trying to figure out what to do and where last year are just starting to pay off. The yard feels so much more alive is the best way to describe the feeling as I walk around.

Best part is the new motivation to keep going the weight scale is next.

Speaking of motivated, I finally got both conveyors officially done and all issues ironed out. The treadmill belt conveyor was giving me tracking problems. After 10 minutes or so, the belt would wander. Turned out to be a simple fix. Wrapped a strip of electrical tape about 5 times around the center of the drive roller. Gave it just enough of a hump to keep the belt from walking. Ran it for over 20 minutes and it now stays bang on, didn't move at all.
The screener conveyor needed a wiper or brush to keep the dirt off the back side of belt. I mentioned an idea I had awhile back and finally got it done today.

A few pics... Hard to get a good angle and show it but I'm sure you get the idea.

Using some good old " shoe goo ". ( I love that stuff ! ). Glued the wiper blade to aluminum angle .....

Old 08-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Backyard update
I was having supper as I looked out our patio doors and figured I'd share a couple pics of the summer view in the yard.

Got the scale shack built today and the scale in place. Still have to extend the wires and mount the LCD on a pole but here it is so far.

And a few of the screening plant all cleaned up.

I'm officially done building for the year! August is here and it's time to play from here on out.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:13 AM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

I'm officially done building for the year! August is here and it's time to play from here on out.

Ive heard that before.

set up looks awesome, cant beat a good play area.

cheers andy
Old 08-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

I want a job on your police force! That's a zippy looking Exotic police car to cruise around in.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyathome View Post

Ive heard that before.

set up looks awesome, cant beat a good play area.

cheers andy
....ya, who am I kidding . It's whatever I feel like doing one day to the next. Some days play, some build stuff
It's great to have a play area but I can't help but think my RC fleet is as big as it is because of the play zone! no zone, I'd probably would have stuck with a couple trucks and trailers! So for anyone thinking about building a play zone....be fore warned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
I want a job on your police force! That's a zippy looking Exotic police car to cruise around in.
It's a real zippy car Kent. Too much so, and the front spoiler is so close to the ground this car is just for show right now. There are a couple spots on the roads where shingles overlap and I could see this car come to a grinding halt real quick or maybe do a couple end overs
I need to rework the front end on it before she's ready for the shingle road but once it's ready your welcome to come up and be the Roscoe P Coletrain of the county.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:49 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Looks like great shade... can you be out there mid July afternoon without boiling?

Good work all around.

Are you bringing in any stone to sort & start road building?

Joe
Old 08-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Looks like great shade... can you be out there mid July afternoon without boiling?

Good work all around.

Are you bringing in any stone to sort & start road building?
The entire area never sees direct sunlight And stays much cooler than the rest of yard. The tree canopy is so dense that even light rainfall can't be felt. Just yesterday we got enough rain to get the grass and concrete wet ( maybe half hour sprinkle ) and yet not a drop felt in the park.

Unfortunately I do need to bring in some stone and good packing material. the dirt from the pit does pack well and has a good consistency to it but turns out once I run it through the screener and if no rain for a few days, I end up with literal beach sand! the screener removes the good stuff and there's less of that then the sand!
For now I need to get a few pails of stone but hoping next year to get a few yards and start giving the area some elevation changes here and there and help with road building.