RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 01-26-2015, 05:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

I didn't want to be the first one to ask.lol I can see some but not most of the pictures on this site. Other sites seem to be fine. I'm starting to get the itch...How do I get my fix if I can't see pictures....

Last edited by RCP57; 01-26-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

No problems viewing the pics here.
You gave me a belt, I give you a hat.....
Glad you like it. Just remember , there's only 2 of those Canadian Cat hats in the US that I know of.

Mario
Old 01-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Is photo bucket getting too many views?
Old 01-26-2015, 06:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Now I can see them again! Weird...
Old 01-27-2015, 08:42 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
No problems viewing the pics here.
You gave me a belt, I give you a hat.....
Glad you like it. Just remember , there's only 2 of those Canadian Cat hats in the US that I know of.

Mario
yea and he has it in a glass case I ware my hats till they fall apart . and I want that maple leaf to stay intact .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Yes, me too, wear them out till the fall apart . Although I do have to say the hat is darn nice, and it will be kept clean and hidden from anyone with a slimy nose!! Kind of funny, right after that pic I put it up and noticed some slobber!! Went right away a spiffed up again. That will be the only time that tainted nose get close. I'll have it on at the next show just for you Mario!!

In builder you talking about that international? She is a well used and abused toter. We just use it for spotting homes, been out of road service for about 11years. Has an omni hitch on back, soo nice having that hitch!! I don't think it's been out of low range for a couple years. Too expensive to keep a truck on the road unless I'm hauling at least one a week.

Yesterday I spent a lot of time trying to load pics to photobucket and kept getting error. My ISP has been super slow lately and just figured it was them. But now I see they are up and can load photos!?!?!? Computer technology, I like the stuff I can see and touch, ya all know that small tool box, hammer and vice grips, what else ya need?
Old 01-27-2015, 12:53 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

yes the IH , We got 1 right after the mack U-model tractor bit the dust for our detach . Nice truck with a kitchen table in it . Pissed me off when mom & pop sold it after I put a bunch of time in body werk and paint in it to pay rental debt off I hate pullin big iron on tag-a-longs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

We had a kW before the IH, static ball (up/down) only thing I remember about that truck was it a pain spotting a lot longer wheelbase and at the time I missed the last step climbing out. Just over a knee reconstruction surgery (had been little over a year) and basically tore the replace ligament from that waited another year and did it all over . Only problem I've had with the IH, air compressor replaced and the right front brake plunger sticks. Just don't use it enough. A couple taps with hammer and she works. Smokes a lot. Always fun to go by the neighbors and punch it when the wind is right . Lol!!
Old 01-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Started working on lights, going to have two on top the cab and reinstalling the original ones on the boom. Going to have them on a tx switch.

And when the wife came home she said a package was on front door, I got a dro for the lathe. Got it off evilbay, same place I got the one for mill. It's on the cheeper side but no problems with the one I got for mill. Glass scales and sealed pretty well. Oh the fun part of installing!!! Had to pull the fan off the motor so I could tap a hole. For me drilling into the casting isn't fun!! Pretty easy stuff but having to freehand drill and tap. Measure, measure, and measure again!!!

Would rather be working on the toys!! I feel like this is work, all nervous if I mess up!!
Old 01-29-2015, 03:15 AM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

I couldnt help but notice the bent lines at the bottom of the boom, im assuming you did them? If so, im a fan, EXCELLENT work! Hope you got that bad boy all finished up and running at Cabin Fever..... BTW ill be bringing some Budweiser girls
Old 02-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Excellent !!!! The bud "girls" aren't twist offs are the? Lol. Need the "un-tie" kind .

Yes, I did all the hard lines, had to make some dies to get those bends.

Well after about a week I finally got the late squared away, dro and tool post!!

And now I'm going to mill out the center grouser(?) to give a bit more traction in the dirt. I am making a jig so I can run the tracks in the vise, one at a time, without having to disassemble all the links
Old 02-02-2015, 07:28 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Funny how your shop is similar to mine. When I review pictures taken around my business, I see my dogs hanging out here and there.
Your cat looks like my Pomeranian, Same color. Both of my dogs are small so I set them on a bench with my coat or a blanket.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

They are cute lil' buggers aren't they!! I definitely don't have room for my dogs on the bench!!
And he's not sprawled out, he usually takes the whole couch for himself!! So that's why the cats get time in the shop . I'm not really a cat guy, more a dog guy, but the little furry felines fit in the dumptruck better!! And they don't try and eat the toys!!

So I got started on milling the center grouser out, only have 80-90 more to do!!! The jig I made clamps them at the link area. I can mill about 3 before having to move the track. Only problem is they are not identical and some concave/convex slightly. But once sanded up a bit they will look made that way
Old 02-02-2015, 07:55 PM

Joe25 is on a distinguished road

On the bright side the hinge points are getting a good lube
Old 02-02-2015, 09:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe25 View Post
On the bright side the hinge points are getting a good lube
Joe makes a good point. You'll have to make sure you clean them up real good before going back into the dirt. Otherwise the Sand and grit will cling and collect wearing things out faster than normal ?
Old 02-04-2015, 08:59 AM

Radar is on a distinguished road

Wax and grease remover or paint prep works great for that. But any way it's looking really good I like the way the lift cylenders look vary vary nice job
Old 02-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Are those tracks made from steel? Looking at picture they look rusty or just the color of the dirt from your part of the state.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I believe they are cast, yes steel 9w. Late last night I finished up milling all the centers out. As not knowing what I'm doing I found out that a deeper cut and faster feed using a carbide end mill dry was cutting better. Air and a little cutting oil worked best and really made the job go faster. Glad to get that done, hopefully done with steel for a while. I always end up doing a bit of self surgery digging metal slivers from my hands when working with steel.

And again I'm starting another project without finishing another, Great Dane style . I am going to try and make a folding gooseneck trailer. I'm planning on using full size wheels (have an excess of em) and I figure the little bit of extra height will be better suited than a true lowboy for clearances on my dirt roads. Top off deck will be top of tires. And I may make this with the actuators I have. Plan on making it a complete separate tx/rx so I can stay in my lounge chair while loading .
Similar to this one but probably three axles,

And not wanting to purchase much I made some duel wheels

Old 02-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Oh and wasn't thinking when working on the hoes lights. The stock light buckets were supplied from tx with a switch. The ones I got from rc4wd are 12v, so I decided to just cross them to the battery (12v) to make sure they worked before soldering/wiring up. Oops, the electrical doohickey from stock was a voltage regulator or tx switch of some sort and they are not 12v!! The got pretty bright for about a second!! And they went dark. An they were those bright 5chps or whatever led, so now have to get new led or lights. I know better but one of those oh s$|#, why did I do that moments!!
Old 02-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Joe makes a good point. You'll have to make sure you clean them up real good before going back into the dirt. Otherwise the Sand and grit will cling and collect wearing things out faster than normal ?
Yea good idea Mario, I will degrease them. I have a lot of dry lube (graphite) that I bathe them in once clean n dry.