RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Mechanical tech

Mechanical tech This is for the mechanical parts of a model. Gear reductions, Axles, Transmissions, General drive line

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2010, 10:30 AM

civicex5speed is on a distinguished road
Question Transmission help or suggestions

Hey all,

I’m looking for some input on a transmission for my first ever semi build
I am building a day cab globe liner delivery truck. So size of the transmission is not such a big deal. I will have room for about anything. However I have no experience with any transmission other then built in units from Tamiya Kits (CC-01, TL01, M05). So my question is this. I was looking at this guy for it’s small size and appearance of simple to install between frame rails.
http://store.rc4wd.com/Disruptor-Pla...ion_p_834.html
Then there is this guy, not sure of the difference beyond price, I believe both trans are 16:1 gear ratio
http://store.rc4wd.com/Disruptor-Ult...ck_p_1206.html
Of course there is for a little more money the ol 3 speed Tamiya unit. I would like to have the speed/gear options. But I don’t have a radio with channels for switching gears on the fly and really don’t care for a stick radio anyway. I however can bring the truck to me and switch gears. I am kinda new to the home built side of R/C hobbies and so likely don’t know something.
Anyone have suggestions? Maybe another one I don’t know of that is a good one? Price is an issue. I would like to stay in the $50 range, plus or minus, but much more then $80 will be an issue on the budget.

Also, I hear people refer to a company/store call “PMD” can anyone help with who or where this is?
Thanks

Clif