RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 07-19-2011, 03:06 PM

calm n sedated is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC4WD Excavator

Joe, my stahl pads are all aluminum? Are your stahl pads older than 2004? My upgraded dozer pads are stainless (custom made) and the scaleart pads are brass.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road

NEW PICS ARE UP ON THE WEBSITE!!! They are showing some better pics inside and out I just looked it up again. Looking good.

~Tyler~
Old 07-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

I guess with a little preventive maintenance such as anti seize on the link pins and the pads are powder coated like the rest of the machine I don't see steal tracks as being an issue. Plus this is only $2400 unlike the expensive Vario or the $7000 Wedico some things have to be sacrificed for the price so more people who want to get into the construction equipment can afford it. I am sure this will start an argument just like Wedico verses Tamiya but you buy what is in your budget and who knows this may be a real nice and reliable model.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 07-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNmayhem View Post
NEW PICS ARE UP ON THE WEBSITE!!! They are showing some better pics inside and out I just looked it up again. Looking good.

~Tyler~
I am impressed with the mechanical build quality and the way the undercarriage and drive is made. It will be interesting to see how the pump, cylinders and spool valves hold up after 10 or 20 hours of run time.

I would still want to see good clear videos of it digging, driving & rotating before I pulled the trigger on one though.

"No load is too Small"
Old 07-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Apprentice

trucker n is on a distinguished road

i talked to racer for life on scale who is with rc4wd to get the pics that are posted and he told me they are making a video as i told him people wont buy unless they can see what it will do and he told me that it will do what it is spec ed to do and is made in china
Old 07-20-2011, 04:21 PM

calm n sedated is on a distinguished road

$2400 is dirt cheap. This is especially enticing since almost all of the models come out of German and with the USD to euro exchange rate being so bad...very intersting. Now I say this a grain of salt, since most of us understand what goes into creating a model like this...machining set up, time, unique parts, facillity ect. but this price is crazy low! With this knowledge, I'm skeptical about the quality, price and China production. I know not everything produced in China is low quality and giving them the benefit of the doubt there is still the aspect of getting replacement parts. As we all know, if you use it....you'll be wrenching!!! If they can't produce the extra parts, RC4WD will have a big headache. Hopefully someone will be the guinea pig and the results will be favorable. I'm all in for a $2400 excavator as long as it does'nt cost me $2400 in extra parts!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:58 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by calm n sedated View Post
Joe, my stahl pads are all aluminum? Are your stahl pads older than 2004? My upgraded dozer pads are stainless (custom made) and the scaleart pads are brass.
Your cleats are aluminum, but the pad & link they're bolted to are steel. Every Stahl tracked model I've gotten up until 09 has been steel links & pads.

China has a booming economy, but have their labor rates risen much? A german's actual basic living cost is likely still 10 to 20 times that of a chinese.

Joe
Old 07-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Green Horn

Straywolf is on a distinguished road

I would love to see a new video with sound of this excavator working, the other really didn't do it justice.

So has anyone decided to order one and test it out?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Green Horn

Well they seem to be out of stock on website, but i figured up what i would have to save for this with shipping it would be $2,729.99 which is still not a bad price.

As for the body i was already eyeing my Burder Exc and was wondering if i could use it to skin it over this one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Apprentice

trucker n is on a distinguished road

they are out of stock right now 3 to4 weeks before they have more in
Old 07-21-2011, 01:39 AM

Papy is on a distinguished road

....and the extra shipping charge jumped from 300 to 400$.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker 1-9 View Post
.....the scale seems to be changing a bit from 14th scale to 12th scale. However from that choppy youtube clip which looks like they used a cell-phone to snap, it seems the size of the machine is close or near the same size of a Bruder Excavator. I am judging this based on looking at the Tamiya truck and the machine being pulled along...
As far as I know, Fumotec uses the same basic machine to produce it's 1/12-50 to & 1/14.5-80 to models....just a different body fitted. It will probably be rather easy to do the same trick and get a 45/50 to-1/14.5 from what appears to be a 25/30 to-1/12
Old 07-21-2011, 03:33 AM

The 250 mm width would represent 3.6 meters (12 ft) in 1:1 scale. Far enough for a 50 to excavator.

But as there is no indication on the track length, you may be right about this point....wait and see
Old 07-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Green Horn

JensR is on a distinguished road

The transmitter is a variant of the Turnigy 9x, the lesser version one.
This is not a 9-channel radio. It has 7 proportional channels and 1 on-off channel.
The better version 2 costs about 60 USD plus shipping on Hobbyking.
The RC4WD variant has been modified with these two extensions on what normally are turning-knobs to control the two track drives.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Green Horn

I was looking at the link where they have it for sale and i noticed they now have a picture of the controller it comes with. It looks pretty nice to me.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:33 PM

Too bad they did not set the operating levers in the standard configuration, but it's probably easy to fix
However, these levers they use for the tracks seem to me an interesting solution. Beeing able to crawl and use the equipment at the same time is really a good point
Old 07-24-2011, 11:39 PM

kyleandtavion is on a distinguished road

Is there a video of this excavator. Im thinking of making this my first construction purchase but before spending that amount I would like to see it run
Old 07-26-2011, 12:17 AM
Green Horn

YoungGunz is on a distinguished road

I would love to get my hands on one of these but im definitely going to wait to see how they run before i fork over almost 3k
Old 07-26-2011, 12:44 AM

I received a email from rc4wd. Video will be up this weekend
Old 07-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

ok can i buy hydro parts???? i want a pump and valves out of one lol
Old 07-31-2011, 06:21 PM

They sell just the pump as of now..... Yah no video and they had a few and are already sold out