RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 03-04-2014, 10:34 PM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road
Default Carson 634 assembly tips?

Planning on this purchase in a bit. Also the hydraulic kit. Have some lithium grease for assembly and from reading on this forum that I should use 10w hydraulic fluid. Also saw that tip on running the pump up in speed gradually with no load and then changing the fluid out.

I have been reading a lot on forums, tips and tricks for assembly.
If anyone has any suggestions I would like to hear them.
Thank you very much.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:25 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Carson 634 assembly tips?

I don't know what the build manual of the Carson loader looks like, or if it's even in English, but pics usually say more than words, so study them carefully. Look through the entire manual thoroughly before starting any building, it might save some dismantling time having to take some part of an assembly apart to get another sub-assembly to fit together.

Most guys put the entire model together before any painting to check fitment of every part & to be sure every part is included with the kit. Then it all apart & paint it. That may save ruining the finish when you'll know how exactly how it should go together again.

Spektrum radios are not by any means price competitive to some other radios that may work equally as well, but they definitely rank in the Top 5 for the simplest to use & to program. The DX9 would be the most diverse in the Spektrum line up be it truck, loader, excavator or whatever model you dream up on your own, one radio for everything, just buy additional receivers.

Joe
Old 03-05-2014, 01:49 AM
Green Horn

just found this

http://www.rcspecialequipment.com/
Their stuff is insane! I got their via this thread

http://www.modell-baustelle.de/index...eNo=1&856015a8

They have all steel pistons and brushless motors for the carson 634. Also electronic units that monitor temps and control cooling. Pretty cool stuff, very spendy.

Last edited by avel; 03-05-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:29 AM
Green Horn

Also found this guy. Has pumps, cylinders and a nice planetary gearset for the carson 634.

http://modellbau-kampshoff.de.tl/NEUHEITEN.htm
Old 03-17-2014, 10:58 AM
Green Horn

I've bought a different grease, some hydraulic fluid, a syringe and some tubing. Also picked up some vernier calipers and lead ingots from the scrap yard.
I have a Dimension Engineering 2x5RC brushed motor controller for the two drive motors. I have a radio to use while testing, will order another one when I decide on what size of battery I can fit in, so that I get everything at once. I most likely will get some smoked thin plexiglass for the cab windows so than I can use that space for more electronics.

I keep hearing about heat issues, is it really that bad with these models?

I have a temperature controller I can pop in to activate a fan when needed, I am thinking the hydraulic pump motor will get the hottest so will run the fan based on its temperatures.

I ordered from Premacon and bought the hydraulic kit, the actual model, two geared motors for the drive and the drive gear right angle thingy. And yes I keep checking the tracking updates everyday

I am debating on whether I should get an Eagletree logger. I could log the temps of all three motors that way, but will probably wait on that. Temps might not even be a big deal.

Can't wait to assemble this model and starting moving some earth with it!
Old 03-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Green Horn

DHL tracking update!!!!

Tue, 18.03.2014 07:15 h United States The shipment has arrived in the destination country

whoo hooo!!!

The grease I mentioned earlier is LucasOil Red "N" Tacky and the hydraulic fluid is CENEX Indol ISO-VG 32.

I was supposed to be busy this week but I am not. I've checked for tracking updates over seven times today.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:19 AM
BANNED

I'm not out in the summer sun with my models, the basement is usually a cool 15C year round, heat has never been an issue. Stay in the shade & you will be fine.

With an esc on your hyd pump & your radio capable of channel mixing, the hyd pump will only run when the valves are activated & only as fast as the valves are opened, that will diminished the heat the most inside... not to mention extending your run time significantly.

Joe
Old 03-19-2014, 08:16 AM
Green Horn

I'll carry around a parasol to shade my model then jk

I will definitely be mixing the hydraulic pump to the valve servo's to increase run time and reduce wear and tear.

I am learning as much as I can from you and this forum and foreign language forums.

I wish I could read and understand German too, Google translate isn't perfect.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:35 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by avel View Post
I wish I could read and understand German too, Google translate isn't perfect.
Google's auto translate of each pg sure is handy... just 5yrs ago was copy/paste into another window, very time consuming.... but yeah, hard to make sense of it in English.

Joe
Old 03-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Green Horn

I still had to copy and paste the assembly instructions into google from the the pdf file.
And no I still haven't received the model. The status hasn't changed. I went ahead and ordered a radio and battery that I hope will fit. If it doesn't I'll use it for something else.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:34 PM
BANNED

Yeah, Customs takes their sweet time to justify their jobs... cdn customs tied up my latest shipment from Germany for nearly 3wks too.

Joe