RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 01-29-2015, 01:12 AM

Ashman is on a distinguished road
Default scaling off parts manual

Hi guys,
I am fairly new to this so sorry if this is a silly question but I have just set up my little workshop and am looking to start a scale 1:10 D9R as I can get access to a parts manual and service manual from my quarry site office. I have looked at the parts manual and have got the design but alas no dimensions to work off. I was just wondering how you guys with the awesome machines were able to get dimensions to scale from? any help woild be great. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:41 AM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: scaling off parts manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
Hi guys,
I am fairly new to this so sorry if this is a silly question but I have just set up my little workshop and am looking to start a scale 1:10 D9R as I can get access to a parts manual and service manual from my quarry site office. I have looked at the parts manual and have got the design but alas no dimensions to work off. I was just wondering how you guys with the awesome machines were able to get dimensions to scale from? any help woild be great. Thanks.
A very simple yet prehistoric way to get a general idea of scale, is to get at least the main measurements such as length width height, then divide them by 10 since your going 10th scale, and that will give you your model size height width and length, everything else would be by eye..... another thing you can do is after you have those measurements you could do a print out of some pictures in profile top and front/ back view in the scale size so that you ct a better idea of the other parts sizes...... This wont really help you with independent parts, but since you work at a quarry, maybe you can get up close to one and measure it yourself and take tons of pictures... It will probably be a whole project in it of itself to do that, but there is no reference better than the tangible ones... hope it helps

p.s. try the dealer of that particular dozer to see if you can get pdf files or dealer manuals with parts explosions, that may help as well