RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Thanks for comments, sorry guys, you have to wait some time before machine can run. Sometimes when looking at the model I think it looks almost done but I know there´s still some major parts to do before first test run. I have been building this for last 8 years and to be honest, speed is higher now (thanks to the forums).
Yes Steve, I have met Bob 2 times when visiting the show, would love to go back there in august, always a lot of nice machinery and of course to see the 9W in action. As said before, have some thoughts about a drag line as next model, we´ll see.

Details, details
Well, it was not planned but I like it, added some more today, especially happy with the anti-skid (?) pattern. This part was laser cut to see if it was possible to do with acceptable result. I think it did so now I have to draw all the rest of those plates. The big ones just out side enginer doors have 501 holes each!! This could never be duplicated any other way than with laser. Tried to make the protective mesh below this plate with piano-wire (sorry, don´t know if this is the right word) and braze the parts together but it didn´t work. Have to do them in some other softer material.

Have made all covers for lamps (total 8). Lamps will be made from plexi with 10mm LED. Should be nice to have the lamps CNC cut to original shape, have made drawing but looking for someone to mill them. Some bolts will be exchanged to right look when I get them.

Together with some of the detail parts I finaly got the servo holders. Here the plate that will hold all servos for blade and ripper/scraper control. If will be bended, pics will come when mounted.

The valves for tracks will be covered by interior in cab. Here´s first test mount.

After all servos has been test mounted I will break down model to sand blast chassis and some other parts.
I´m not happy the way the cab roof was done, the original has a slight curve between side and roof. Cab was sandblasted today to braze new corners inside cab and then I will sand down outside to get correct profile.
From now I will stop adding details, (will add a nice details tomorrow but it is not assebled yet), need to make all bigger parts finished first.

When I made the track frames I did not think twice. The tubing that will keep tracks tighten was made from normal steel. That will not work when I start running the model, there will be rust and the gaskets will be destroyed. Now I´m looking for a stainless tubing to replace the old one.
Dan

Tags
1/5.6, big scale, cat, d8r, dozer