RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Nice. Great descriptions also. I like the Volvo ADT and the PC600 and the..........well I like em' all.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Green Horn

Heavy Metal is on a distinguished road

Awesome build on the D8 Dan. Looking forward to more. And thanks for sharing photos from the show. Glad you corrected yourself on the Snow White/Sleeping Beauty thing...we were totally going to call you out on that.

Joe
Old 01-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road

Weekend update.
Did get new mountings for ripper done, old ones was D8N design making upper cylinder collide with tank.
Here´s one old and one new. The new ones got also a 3´rd arm to make it possible to have the drawbar for scraper mounted all time.

Here´s what it should look like with the drawbar. With hitch is removed, the drawbar *** will be locked to ripper. The original has same (see pic in post 21, page 2) and use only hydraulic valves to shut of lifting cylinders. I don´t know if that will work for me or if I have to make some sort of holder for ripper ***.

Made a trip today to take photos (another 120) and messurment of interior of the real one. Think I have all that needed to make this now.

Dan
Old 01-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Hi Dan ...This is a very impressive build ..when finished im sure It will be capable of doing landscape work for $$$ You may have to build an excavator to do the trench work though ..
You shouldnt have any problems with the valves holding ripper cyclinders up..As long as you dont have radio gliching ...Cheers Lou
Old 01-15-2011, 03:53 PM

Kid@heart is on a distinguished road

That is an amazing build. Thanks for the pics from the shows. We don't get much of that over here. Makes me want to go back to germany again!
Old 01-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Apprentice

Thanks for comments,
Lou, I will have disconnects to ripper cylinders, have Rectus dubble shut off on the rear so hopefully it will hold tight. (also on front to tilt cyl on blade, have to remove blade to get machine inside house).
Yes, it was a nice show, guess you can spend 2 days there next time to cover all.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Apprentice

You can see where connectors will be in pics above, the 4 bolts on rear transmission cover will be replaced with female connects and ripper/scraper will have seperate male connectors.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Apprentice

Some small progress with cab detailing this weekend. couldn´t get energy to start with the interior, hope to start this week.
The door stop has a looking arm (spring loaded), thought this was a nice sunday project. Here´s what it looks like in real

The model version has also a spring loaded arm (of course), did not have bolts in right dimension so test fitted with magnets. All metal parts was brazed togheter, finaly getting this metod working.

Where to stop?
Well sometimes I think it´s to much detail work, but when it comes to details that has some functional in real and for the model it´s ok. I will not make wipers working, at least not until everything else is ready on machine.

have a nice sunday evening.
Dan
Old 01-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

You may need wipers for the "IN CAB" video in a rain storm.

Everything is looking real nice Dan,I like those new brackets on the ripper That undercarriage is just unbelievable

Oh yea, What's this about your ripper ripping ***?

Last edited by 9W Monighan; 01-23-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Apprentice

Steve, of course I need working wipers, didn´t think of sitting inside house running the model remote with video cameras when it´s raining
And sorry about that ripper talking, should be "assembly", nothing else

Did not get the servo holders this week so there will not be final fitting of valves before break down of machine. Will do yokes for front cylinders and end pieces to those cylinders instead.

Will use the RC program possibilities of v-tail to simulate the one stick control of forward-reverse and left-right steering. The original has differential steering, that´s an extra hydraulic motor on driveline making it possible to steer without running forward or reverse. This should be duplicated into the model with this v-tail function, is there anyone that has tested this????
(have not been working with RC the last 25 years)
Dan
Old 01-29-2011, 03:26 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Wow. Great show pictures! That must really be something to see. I don't know how anyone can go to a show like that and not end up spending their life savings, with such amazing models and products available!

When your D8R is finished, it's definitely going to be worthy of a show like that. I love that you are taking the time for all the details. Details make all the difference.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:09 AM
Apprentice

Thanks SP, I do like details to, but since the model should be a working model there some that has to be omitted.
Yes that show was special, trucking in 1-14,5 and 1-8 is realy big in middle Europe and Germany in special. There was also a lot of vendors for metal (and wood) machinery, thanks to we where flying down there there was a limitation what could be bought (good and bad). Maybee do it with car next time but it is about 1000 miles trip one way!
Dan
Old 01-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Very cool miniature door stop assembly! Nice work.

"No load is too Small"
Old 01-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

This is another excellent build. the attention to detail is far beyond my ability. Ed
Old 01-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Dan there is nothing wrong with details. The more you can pull off the better I say.

This thing is looking real good.

-Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 01-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Apprentice

Thanks for comments, Guess I can contine add details, you guys like that
got some time free this weekend, made the yoke and holder for front cylinders. The holder turned out to be a little nightmare to do, they are supposed to be quite thin, did figure out to make a ring with an axle inside. Those to components was supposed to be brazed together and Problem again with brazing, don´t know what but ended up working a lot before I finaly got them done. The ring is only 2mm thick and the remaning parts from axle (when center part is milled away) will take all force from cylinders, that´s why I needed to have them brazed.

Test mounted with cylinder tubes, tape only to hold tube in place.

Have a nice sunday!
Dan
Old 01-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

nice work your model is awsome and very neat and big lol i like it alot keep up the great work
Old 01-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

Wow - great model and beautiful detail - thanks so much for the show pics as well - great to see - I have yet to see anything that compares here in the US. And the local scenerie was great too - that's one outstanding Castle...
Old 01-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Dan, I was just up at Bob's shop this morning. You know the guy with the white hat and Thew steam shovel, I was telling him about your Dozer project. He has a project going on now restoring a early 20's Insley half swing backhoe. It sort of resembles his Byer's Bearcat at our show grounds. That machine would make a nice model project for somebody.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:11 AM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Dan you are the man, on the detail thing. I made the door latches but didn't make them work, course my doors don't open neither. Nice work, won't be long now.

Tags
1/5.6, big scale, cat, d8r, dozer