RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 12-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I never owned a bike when I was young but I had a few friends that had them so I did get to ride a 125 on a track we had back home. Enough that I was getting bold with it and then a friend suggested I try his CR250......one lap, I was done. I literally feared for my life! The power of that bike was insane!
Anyway, When you say your going to take baby steps, remember one thing, just when you think your ready to turn it up a notch......wait another week or so just to be safe.
Yes in reality very few people can ride a 250 to it's potential on a track. I got my first one when I was 15 and I think it probably made me slower than if I had got a 125 and learned how to hold it wide open. The 250 has so much power everywhere that I spend more time lugging around at 1/4-2/3 throttle than I do ripping!lol I learned those habits back then and it never went away so I never got faster.lol I like it though because I can ride around a gear high and not rev the engine. 125's need to be pinned just like RW said. This bike having 47hp compared to the 35 or 36hp my last bike had(07 YZ250F 4 stroke) is a big jump back up. I haven't ridden a two stroke of any sort for 8 or 9 years so it will be fun! I have that nervous excitement going on when I think about it.lol Baby steps can bite you. How many times have you seen someone eat sh!t when they are taking it easy and not giving it 100% focus. My plan is to ride like always but if I can only ride a few laps before I get tired then I will stop and rest. Nothing to prove, just want to have fun and be as safe as I can. If I can stick to that I will be healthier and happier! If I don't I will be hurtin and stressed out.lol
Old 12-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

you will love the YZ,
ive had mine for about 6 years , never had an issue apart from the rider....

and the faster you go , the less it hurts!!!!

and that's some nice welding on the belly pan, I have a gytr 6mm pan and it has saved me a few dollars many different times.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO JUMP , GO ALL THE WAY.. and don't case it.

cheers andy
Old 12-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyathome View Post
you will love the YZ,
ive had mine for about 6 years , never had an issue apart from the rider....

and the faster you go , the less it hurts!!!!

and that's some nice welding on the belly pan, I have a gytr 6mm pan and it has saved me a few dollars many different times.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO JUMP , GO ALL THE WAY.. and don't case it.

cheers andy
Yes it should be good. I hate to say it but I think their casting and welding quality has slipped a little. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look bad but it just doesn't look as nice as it did a few years back. The last YZ250 I had was a 2002. I don't think the engine has changed a whole bunch but the chassis and suspension is much better. I guess this new bike is basically an 06 with upgrades. Yamaha hasn't had much competition from anyone other than KTM in the 2 stroke MX world so no desire/pressure to upgrade I guess. I think there is a resurgence in 2 stroke popularity as of late though and that may change things. The other Japanese manufacturers don't want to bring back 2 strokes into racing though so it may not change much. Pro racing has the deck stacked in favor of the 4 strokes and the enviro's like them too other than the noise.lol Oh well, I fell off the 4 stroke wagon because of the cost. I liked the bike but they are like dating a supermodel. If you can't afford the maintenance and to trade them in every year then you should just look and not touch.lol

I know what you're saying about the jumps! When we built this track we didn't make the area between the doubles very ramped out in order to save dirt(it was all trucked in). The jumps aren't very big but if you come up short you will most likely get hurt. It keeps you from getting lazy and putting around though.lol
Old 12-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

your not wrong, a mate got a new 4 stroke YZ $14000NZ, two years later sold it for $5000 and it was still like new...

Im getting too old ( don't heal fast enough )for my YZ 250 but I cant say enough for the WR450, tones of power ,battery start and Its road legal here in NZ .

cheers andy
Old 12-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyathome View Post
your not wrong, a mate got a new 4 stroke YZ $14000NZ, two years later sold it for $5000 and it was still like new...

Im getting too old ( don't heal fast enough )for my YZ 250 but I cant say enough for the WR450, tones of power ,battery start and Its road legal here in NZ .

cheers andy
Yeah I was looking at the Aussie and NZ websites and saw the pricing there. It's funny how they sell things in different markets though. The bike I just bought is more money there retail but they sell it with a "race kit" that includes a larger front rotor, rear sprocket, after market pipe and some other goodies. I guess that offsets the pricing difference but I'm sure a lot of people would rather the bike just be $900 cheaper.lol You guys have a lot of off-road models that are road legal there too like your WR. They sell the same bike here minus the blinkers and there is no way to insure it for road use.LAME! I have a WR250R and that is all that Yamaha offers for a decent dualsport. Having a WR250F or WR450F road legal would be way more fun! My last bike was 9 years old, had 74hrs on the meter and looked like I bought it two months ago. I hope to ride this one more but like you, I am too old to be spending much time on the ground. I'm stiff in all the wrong places and out of breath just thinking about it.lol Gotta get back in a groove before I'm too old to do anything but build toys.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:58 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
16 YZ250
Nothing better then a 2 stroke lot less maintenance and cheaper to run and sounds awesome when on the pipe. Try and keep her on two wheels when ya hit the powerband lol
Old 12-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Nothing better then a 2 stroke lot less maintenance and cheaper to run and sounds awesome when on the pipe. Try and keep her on two wheels when ya hit the powerband lol
No doubt!! I could rebuild the top end in less than 30 min. (Piston and ring) usually rebuilt the 125s once a month. Would not know where to start on the newer 4strokers!!
Old 12-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes I am happy not to have to worry about checking/setting the valves and changing oil every few hours anymore. I still have one 4 stroke with a bucket shim valve train but it only needs valve adjustments every 10000km because it's not very high strung. Yamaha has been selling it's 2 strokes with a complete gasket and top end rebuild kit for years so when the time comes I won't need to spend more on parts and I have all the tools and experience to do the job myself. I kinda laughed because the sales guy said to bring it back after the first hour to hour and a half for it's first service. I thought to myself "you are never going to see this bike again unless I trade it in on another one down the road". My main reason for wanting a 2 stroke was maintenance required or lack of it. What it will need I have done before so no worries! I wanted to ride it yesterday but the ground is so saturated here now that it is very soft and muddy. I haven't had time to tear it down for a full greasing so I don't want to filth it up much before that's done. One thing I will add as soon as possible is an O ring chain. The stock chain looks pretty(gold) but feels cheap. $100 spent on a good chain will save the sprockets from premature wear.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

I found this picture of Reg, Cooper and Mario when they were younger. Mike
Old 12-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Whoa! What are those?
Old 12-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Journeyman

Mini bikes there must be dirt on them somewhere.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Just wondering what brand they were? The look like mini Motoguzzi's
Old 12-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Just wondering what brand they were? The look like mini Motoguzzi's
Nope. More like merry go round guzzi's. Had me going till I noticed the pipe they're bolted to. I'm the one on the far right. ......not looking where I'm going. Lol
Old 12-08-2015, 10:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Nope. More like merry go round guzzi's. Had me going till I noticed the pipe they're bolted to. I'm the one on the far right. ......not looking where I'm going. Lol
Haha I was looking at the weird engine and didn't even notice the pipe underneath! They look very authentic but I guess even fake stuff looked the part back then. Now everything has to be idiot proofed and be shaped like a bar of soap.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I've had lots of distractions over the last week or so. We have been trying to put up our Christmas lights for about a week now butt he weather has been all over the place with tons of rain and wind. Whenever the sun comes out I try to rush around and get stuff done. Just a few more things to put up now and hopefully we can sit back and enjoy it for the next three weeks. My wife got called into work at 6:30am so I was left on my own to handle things. Good thing I kept this "deluxe" wooden spool holder I made last year!

115 works awesome for this! I'll get some night time video once all of our stuff is setup.

https://youtu.be/O_pznHwmG0E
https://youtu.be/NVGxSCi1rOc

Take a look at the hood in the background of the first picture. It looks kinda familiar...

Old 12-10-2015, 03:52 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Putting the rig to work looks great Reg where's the snow at ? lol None here yet either which is quite surprising considering it usually hits once November comes around.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Putting the rig to work looks great Reg where's the snow at ? lol None here yet either which is quite surprising considering it usually hits once November comes around.
LOL, we have had rain, wind, some more rain and wind, a little bit more rain and wind, half hour of sun and then more rain and wind for the last couple of weeks. Did I mention the rain and wind we've had? It might not be cold but it sucks about the same.

I finally had enough waiting so I put down the trailers I was working on and headed out to start breaking my new bike in. 10 days of having it and not riding it was p!ssing me off so now I feel better. Got the nerves out of the way and I am very happy with my purchase. I need to get used to the type of power and the amount of it again as well as get in better shape but that will all come...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HONuuI6wha4
Old 12-13-2015, 09:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

cool ride!!
Old 12-13-2015, 10:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Cool ride reg,,
Old 12-14-2015, 07:34 AM
Journeyman

Was that an RC bike with a GoPro and you hiding in the bushes ? That what I would have done ! Mike