RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 03-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Green Horn

buzzy16 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Hi joe, I'v seen a few people use these.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCXGG

I dont know how well they fit under the trucks or anything but they are metal axels?
Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Thanx for the tip Buzzy, but after looking over Travis' review thread on them... axles are different ratio, gotta buy the whole set and probably too narrow as well for the bigger tires I'm using, all rear duals are already shimmed out with the tam stock axles. Plus the higher reduction I don't need, got plenty making the trk alomost too slow now.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=6008

Got about 4 or 5yrs use out of each tlt axle before they snapped... cost of doing business.

Joe
Old 03-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Green Horn

buzzy16 is on a distinguished road

Ah yes ok, iv just seen a couple of people use them, thought I'd let you know just Incase, but if the others lasted that long it's not too bad anyway. As long as they still build them how they used to 5 years ago
Old 03-21-2013, 03:44 AM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road

you can always go for the non driven metal front axle if you can sacrifice the traction it gives you.

im thinking with that much weight in the bed it shouldnt even matter
Old 03-21-2013, 08:32 AM
BANNED

That powered front axle makes quite a difference, moreso when it's empty, and especially now with a pup in tow... no flat road where these trks go.

Joe
Old 03-27-2013, 05:35 AM
BANNED

I got the last of the loose material cleaned up, about 10 bd loads were dry enough to crush & will be used for backfill... give me something to do while waiting for the next area to soak up water, then do some more digging.

Big pile of fines to go out! Perhaps I get started on some of it within two weeks.

Joe
Old 03-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough

Whooha! Thats a lot of dirt to get out yes! Plenty of buckets and loads! Would be nice to help you out with the 470!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:20 AM
Green Horn

You should have a haul meet in your basement. You can eat through that in a day with enough people.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
You should have a haul meet in your basement. You can eat through that in a day with enough people.
I like his Idea. But that is indeed a lot of dirt. I cant wait for the next series of videos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you got it, a Trucker brought it....
Old 03-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

How's the 963 doing? Any problems? Nice big ole' pile of dirt you've worked up.

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Yeah that is a great idea but you would have to convince Joe that he likes people first.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:16 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azonic View Post
Whooha! Thats a lot of dirt to get out yes! Plenty of buckets and loads! Would be nice to help you out with the 470!
No no no, I run the hoe, you just show up with a dump trk & I'll keep you busy.

Most of that pile is from last winter, knocking down over 7cy from the wall, might have gotten out maybe 2cy last summer (tore out & rebuilt 3 miles of barb wire fence last summer, didn't have much ambition at the end of day for dirt hauling)... probably added more than cube this winter to it from the floor dig & other stuff.

Yeah, it's too bad for me there aint no interest nearby for contract trkers... much like 1:life size, I kinda hate trucking, unless it's really short distance hauling... gonna be alot of trips up the stairs to look out the kitchen window for a 3D view to jack knife the pup each load... although the exercise will no doubt shrink the middle of me that showed up after I sold my cow herd last yr.

I don't think there'd be room enough for more than 3 trks with the single lane way, which shouldn't be too much wait time between loads, 1 is loading, 1 is going out or in & 1 is dumping.

The 963 is working great Ben, just how I want it to now. ...although I don't like those Scale Art tracks with its large holes in the middle of them. They're great to let the dirt out of the track link, but also let in alot of dirt too, which seems to jam up behind & on top of the front idler wheel, it's always squeaking/squeeling travelling in reverse & seems to be quite a bit of resistance at times too.

Also, I think all the track link pins are made from brass & every one of them is bent slightly, which causes binding/stalling issues with the sprockets/drive motors occassionally... gotta replace them all with steel pins.

Joe
Old 03-28-2013, 03:02 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road

Impressive work done with those models. If I was a serios model manufacture I would have sent you models for testing durability, can't see that anyone else doing this as much as you!
/Dan
Old 03-28-2013, 06:11 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Joe the German build these things for toys and we like to use them like real ones,what we need it scale dirt and rocks. That would solve the problem. Ed
Old 03-28-2013, 07:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

when I get my new truck ill lock up the axles and see how busy you can keep me :P
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:45 AM
BANNED

I think I make the "manufacturers" cringe Dan , finding the flaws in what they spent so much time & $ in R&D to develop it... I sent Scale Art a message through their website with some questions that I was having trouble with their model, just before xmas ----> no reply as of yet.

That's something that is often not realized Ed, the dirt doesn't scale down to 14th scale density! it is what it is.

Don't forget your gear reduction options Dean, chrome don't get you home, but more gears will. Shoo Goo the diffs is much better than full locks, the corners are tight!

Joe
Old 03-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Green Horn

Hah they dont want the models tested. They just want to sell you eyecandy at absurd prices
Old 03-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

You wouldn't make me cringe Joe If my mack would fit through the window, we'd have that pile out in no time .

Old 03-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
You wouldn't make me cringe Joe If my mack would fit through the window, we'd have that pile out in no time .
there the classic ways of getting it in the truck..

it has been 20 years since ive touched a wheelbarrow tho
Old 03-28-2013, 04:59 PM
BANNED

Your Mack needs a lot work yet Steve before it could climb that spiral, starting with better tires with thicker sidewalls, and much much lower reduction to keep the spd constant so you don't jerk the load off, there's an 8' stretch on the 1st incline that's 14*! How tall is it anway? The Mammoth fits through the window. I'd probably have to widen the entire roadway 8" for you and double the width in the corners. The Mammoth only has an inch or so side to side & 4 or 5 back ups to make each corner.

Using a 20L bucket (5.2us ga) for a volume measurement, what's the mack hold?
Each tandem trk & bd trl is about 4.5L and a 27" semi trl is about 7L.

Joe