RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 05-29-2015, 12:01 AM

chris deacon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

hmmm lets just say im a little jealous of your setup matey lol
Old 05-29-2015, 10:57 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Thanks joe-that clears it up. I wasn't concerned about the hydraulics (to complicated for me), I just wanted to see the physical part of it. Your operation is flawless as always. Great work!!
Old 05-29-2015, 11:49 PM

Wiskybilt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

Last night I tore into the ol' JD dozer to figure out what the problem was with one of the track motors, a couple of broken spur gears, easy fix - it's running again. Izzybilt dozer has been working great to level windrows from bellydumps, but the angle should spread better... it's been yrs since I last run this dozer!

Off to work!
Bringing up another model I haven't seen for a while, your Mamouth tipper truck. The last video I saw of it, it looked like your bed dumped without turning the steering all the way left. Did I miss somewhere in your threads that you upgraded the control and ditched the +1 system that Tamiya used. I have one and I ordered the FS-GT3B 2.4G tx/rx for mine. Just waiting for it to come in. Hoping I can figure out the swap.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:37 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

It only took me 20yrs to get where I am today Chris, with a few hiccups along the way.

Tom, when I use the B50 & pup to do north side, I'll dump both boxes on the fly to spread the dirt. Won't need to do much dozing & the B50/pup will do a great job packing as well.

Wiskybilt, I'm using a 4ch FM radio with that Mammoth & still use the +1 control unit too so the limit switches are still in play for up/down stops. The dump is on a separate ch from steering. I'll have to look tomorrow how I plugged the rx leads into rx... I can dump on the move, but not at full throttle or dump will stop.

Joe
Old 05-30-2015, 08:31 AM

What do you use the 4th channel for? Example: I was thinking 1 - for/rev, 2 - left/right, 3 - up/down
Old 05-30-2015, 02:43 PM
BANNED

Steering servo plugs directly into rx. Throttle plugs into +1 unit & the corresponding lead out goes into rx for for/rev. The other lead from +1 unit goes into rx to operate dump.

Don't need 4chs, it's just a radio I had on hand to use.

When little kids come with their parents to see my layout, I give them this trk to run around with, it's virtually indestructible & easy to drive. When they try to drive somewhere they shouldn't & do something like pull a power turn or ramp it, I holler at them, "drive it like a real one is suppose to or park it!", boy their eyes sure get wide!!!

Here's a vid showing the bellydumps last night... weather not so friendly again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HczfGfyWIg

Joe
Old 05-30-2015, 05:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Definitely looks fun Joe, those fines are not conducive to traction! How many runs can you make before you have to get the dozer out? Hope to see some video of the JD running, I don't believe I've seen that one before.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:30 PM

Boy that's a tight fit! I'm smiling just thinking about the kids ripping your rc around. Nothing like the kids laughing and having fun. THAT INCLUDES ME, I GET ACCUSED OF BEING A BIG KID TOO!
Old 05-30-2015, 09:35 PM
BANNED

About a dozen loads Kent. There's one vid of the JD dozer I made, the right track gearbox was making a horrific noise (sounds like RCP's KW ) & then the dozer quit moving, I hadn't run it again till now. I still got more wrenching to do on it, gotta change the gearing as it runs way too slow atm. And I think a new blade is needed too, current one made from aluminum doesn't have the right curve in the blade, nor cutting edge to roll the dirt smoothly.

https://youtu.be/AKer7cnNC_4

Yeah it's funny cracking the whip on them kids, straighten 'em out right away to run like a pro. I wink & smirk at the parents, they bite their lip to keep from laughing & the kids take it so seriously not to screw up or loose their driving job.

Cold, windy & now drizzling, no fun outside today. So I made a trip to the city to return my conveyer from the airdrill for a refund, it didn't last the season before blowing up! While in the city I got me a hauler for the JD850... either it takes 10 minutes to walk it out of the shop to the dirt pile or strain my lower back to get it out there quickly... now I got this.

Just got to fashion up some loading ramps.

Joe
Old 05-30-2015, 11:18 PM

What, no low boy for the bd tractor yet? Then you could haul it to the job in STYLE!��

Oh yea, thanks for the help on the controller, I just hooked up the fs-gt3b, and IT REALLY WORKED!

Last edited by Wiskybilt; 05-30-2015 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:

Here's a vid showing the bellydumps last night... weather not so friendly again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HczfGfyWIg
That's hard core trucker, or the boss is ruthless. I'm sure I heard the dinner bell at 1:26 and a reminder at 7:32 and you didn't even stop for lunch
Old 05-31-2015, 09:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Haha, it either sounds like an ill version of my KW or someone was running a chainsaw in your basement.lol

Those belly dumps are cool. It's nice to see the GL and pup get some love too!

Thanks for the info on the dirt too Joe. I am a little envious of the soil there. So much rock and gravel here at our place. Very tough digging for the toys.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:44 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I'm surprised you didn't come up with a low boy and tractor to haul it I guess you could RC the new cart including the loading ramps
Old 05-31-2015, 04:13 PM
BANNED

It's on the "to-do" list... as my workshop comes together with better tools in the future, perhaps I make something like this for the B4206 to pull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...qbZoEVDdU&NR=1

Joe
Old 05-31-2015, 06:02 PM

That's some heavy haulage. Looks like an interesting build!
Old 06-01-2015, 10:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
It's on the "to-do" list... as my workshop comes together with better tools in the future, perhaps I make something like this for the B4206 to pull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...qbZoEVDdU&NR=1
I've seen a video of that set up before and is what I was thinking about. It would be a neat build, but like you said "the tools" would be the biggest thing.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:08 AM
BANNED

It's been spotty showers all week, but today was sunny & I started digging 1pm.

By 4pm I got this far with ugly weather coming.

But it virtually miss me with only a few sprinkles & I was digging again 8pm. This is where I quit at dark.

It doesn't show up in the photo very clear, the blue can is where the pile's edge was 3wks ago, the dirt pile is about is half gone.

I started piling on the west side of shop today.

Sun don't shine on the east side too well, kinda muddy over here... I'll finish building this up with the north dirt pile, I can hide in the shade from the shop.

Lost the pup today, 4mm thread didn't stand up. I'll make a new one from a 5 or 6mm bolt & just weld this steel loop to it.

Joe
Old 06-07-2015, 11:03 AM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

Good progress Joe, I am enjoying reading your regular updates. The 850 and B50 are working well as a team! Do you use the 450 much?

Is there a reason for piling the dirt down the sides of your workshop or is it just to clear the pile?
Old 06-07-2015, 01:19 PM
BANNED

I use the 450 on occasion, but I like the 850 much more.

I put the dirt along the shop to fill the air gap & seal the interior of the building from the outside elements. The back of shop & lean-to will never be cement.

Pile getting smaller everyday.

Joe
Old 06-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Did you get a new pickup in the background?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.