RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 01-30-2016, 04:42 AM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

Nice welds Joe!

What kind of project you have going on?
Old 01-30-2016, 08:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Those welds look real good Joe your becoming a real professional. Ed
Old 01-30-2016, 10:30 AM
Green Horn

Dieselchopper is on a distinguished road

Those welds look good. Amazing what a few tips can do to help. Hoping this build works well.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:48 PM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

Welding?

Joe, those look nice! What were you using before you got tig? How much of the other welding experience did you have?

I just got a mig machine and don't even have the gas for it yet. Tig looks a bit more complicated than mig? I plan to develop some skill with the mig and then get the gas bottle and try that, then maybe a tig, but I don't have any big project in mind so I hope I can get by with the mig machine.

Jim
Old 01-31-2016, 11:12 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

TBC Kalle Thanx Ed 10-4 Shawn, thanx

Jim, I had a mig before tig & AC-DC stick before that. Learnt stick & brazing in HS shop class, but didn't do much welding till I was 30 something, a few stick weld projects building hay wagons & skids for hopper bottom bins, then got a Miller 200amp gas mig in 04 & did a lot of welding for several yrs on the farm. I have a smaller 70amp Demag gas mig I picked up a couple yrs ago that I use with smaller wire (023) so I could use it for my hobby welding light gauge steel. The tig pics on prev page, I turned up the amperage to 100 & melted the steel together without using filler rod, slick!!!

Your mig, you using flux core wire? If not, you can't weld without gas. If you do go with gas, get COP tanks (customer owned product); tank rental contracts are needless & expensive.

Here's a vid of latest progress on the tunnel, still digging down in the basement end of it, it's much warmer on this side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka7z...ature=youtu.be

Joe
Old 01-31-2016, 11:16 AM
Craftsman

Joe,

Thanks for te background.

I am still using flux core. I did buy some solid wire bu don't have the gas bottle yet.

Jim
Old 02-09-2016, 09:31 PM
BANNED

Something else Jim, I pretty sure you will have to change the liner from the gun to the machine to use solid wire.

Here's a vid at 2x speed, I kinda like watching video run at faster frame rates, what do you think?

https://youtu.be/njHPKEl0gYY

Joe
Old 02-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Craftsman

Ah, I didn't get that from my instruction manual but I shall check that when I finally get to that point.

The 2X video sort of makes part of the motions look more full scale.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 02-10-2016, 03:01 PM
BANNED

So I finally got a box full of goodies from Frank, the Roxxy esc's from Multiplex to finish other models & the replacement motor & reduction to fix my JD450. Made a video of it loading the B50 this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcnqQYmsh68

And afterward kept loading the B50 to use up the 5amp batt in the 450, but before the batt showed any signs of running out of juice, this happens...

didn't last an hour...beyond words

Joe
Old 02-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Trying to figure it out, what happened ?
Old 02-10-2016, 03:57 PM
BANNED

SNAPPED the motor shaft, it's stuck there in the pinion

two brushless motors back to back, 1st one blows motor bearings inside of 5hrs use & the 2nd one snaps a motor shaft in less than an hour

there are literally 100's of these motor/reduction/jung pumps out there, Premacon uses the exact same combo in their models, Cooper has this exact same motor - pump in his china hoe... I'm just livid... another 2 month delay...

Thank God for my JD850.

Joe
Old 02-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Outch that's crummy luck. Like you said atleast you still have your Vario to play with
Old 02-10-2016, 05:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Only good I can see is knowing it wasn't something you did wrong!! That's definately a fluke but dahmm!!
Old 02-10-2016, 07:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
SNAPPED the motor shaft, it's stuck there in the pinion

two brushless motors back to back, 1st one blows motor bearings inside of 5hrs use & the 2nd one snaps a motor shaft in less than an hour

there are literally 100's of these motor/reduction/jung pumps out there, Premacon uses the exact same combo in their models, Cooper has this exact same motor - pump in his china hoe... I'm just livid... another 2 month delay...

Thank God for my JD850.
One is a fluke, 2 failures of common system is a red flag for sure. I don't have good enough pic quality to say for sure, looks like clean break? Or do I see beach marks and signs of a flaw ?
Failed bearing , now shaft? Something ain't straight.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Was it on the same motor/pump? I was assuming this was two different pump motor systems. After reading over again joes post , yes I agree Mario, something must be misaligned if it's the same pump. Yeah I'd be rather "livid" also joe!!!
Old 02-11-2016, 07:22 AM
BANNED

Different pump, I went to the next lower volume. What was sent to me was a brand new motor with gear reduction attached... apparently special tools needed to perfectly center gear reduction on motor. All I had to do was two 6mm bolts to secure pump to gear reduction, then the grub screw on pump shaft.

Frank tells me from watching the video that the motor didn't sound right, motor ran maybe 5-10 minutes total before the vid... another 20 minutes maybe after the vid before the shaft snapped...

It's a yr now since I completed this model, the 1st motor started getting noisy almost immediately... it's been so long ago I can't remember what it's suppose to sound like.

Frank's on it!

I'm half asst tempted to trade this lil 450 off & get another 850... cause like the women say, "size matters!" ... so much run time on the 850, - twice the power - twice the reach, the 450 is kinda dull to run in comparison.

Joe
Old 02-11-2016, 08:06 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
One is a fluke, 2 failures of common system is a red flag for sure. I don't have good enough pic quality to say for sure, looks like clean break? Or do I see beach marks and signs of a flaw ?
Failed bearing , now shaft? Something ain't straight.
Right where it snapped, there's an E clip flush with the face of the motor, a wee bit of material gone.

I've snapped 6mm shafts before & it's always where an E clip is placed... pinions on trk axles, output shaft of swing motor on 850, ect... but those times the shafts had seen a lot of torture as well.

Joe
Old 02-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

ya that is in there good! guess drilling time?
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:21 PM
BANNED

Nope, brand new everything time... I boxed up the junk motors with their respective gear reductions & a Jung pump to return to Frank to pass on to Kampshoff for his inspection & Kampshoff is sending me motor/reduction/4002 pump.

This is why I luv me JD850 so much!!! (...never thought to take a before pic, this is about twenty some loads later)

... no other model in the market today has the reach this one does!

And the power! That rock is about the size of a coconut!

Remember the size of the hole that use to be here? I'll keep hauling in from the south exit till it's probably a layer or two above that plywood back board... then screen it, crush the lumps, screen it again, crush again, fine it up good! Then haul it outside for rainwater to soak it up, then haul it into back room in shop to layer it up & pack the snott out of it... I can drag this dirt work project out for yrs with regular rc activity.

Joe
Old 02-18-2016, 12:59 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Your project is sick Joe! The Vario excavator is a beast it's a real work horse